1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning stock (crack)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Teddybear, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Teddybear

Teddybear TS Member

Aug 31, 2013
    Have a Browning Citori 525 that has developed a crack in the stock just behind the trigger guard. doesn't seem to hurt the integrity of the stock as its only on one side, but should stock be replaced? if so, who to talk to for good custom fit stock? I know I can contact browning and get a replacement, but maybe a upgrade would be better. Ted
  2. mjsweims

mjsweims Member

Mar 5, 2010
    I had a 20 ga Citori field several years (15+) ago that developed a crack and then came apart on a pheasant hunt. I should have sent it back to Browning (gun was less than two years old) but instead had a new stock supplied locally. I think the smith just ordered the Browning part, fit and finished it and charge me several hundred dollars. I would have been dollars ahead if I had sent it to Browning.
    If you send yours back you will get a replacement, probably at no charge. If you then want a custom stock made go ahead, but keep the Browning stock - value for resale will be better. JMHO
  3. dphillips8191

dphillips8191 Member

Aug 3, 2010
    You can order a new stock from browning and replace it yourself, be aware the stocks are a little spendy, but you will have it in a few days.

4. TD1958

TD1958 Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Ted, if Browning won't replace it, get a hold of Rod Stumbo of Rod's Custom stocks. He may be able to make a repair to it. I 've seen him do several. Good luck, Tim
  5. Greevesman

Greevesman Member

Apr 3, 2012
    Arts Gun Shop does good repairs.