1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Stock Cast

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Borchardt, Apr 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Borchardt

Borchardt Member

Does Browning build any target guns with neutral cast? All of the XT and XS guns I handle are cast off for right hand shooters, if you are a lefty you are SOL. There are left hand XT's, but everything else is right hand.

DWalsworth

2. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

I have owned 10 bt99's over 41 years. I am left handed, and I found only one cast for a left hand shooter. The other 9 were neutral. Like in all of sports left handers live in a right hand world. Purchase a xt and have the stock bent.
    Steve Balistreri

3. Borchardt

Borchardt Member

Can a stock be bent enough to overcome the right hand cast? The only neutral stocks I have seen lately are on field guns. I have had straight stocks bent, but never one that was already off the straight line axis the wrong way.

Douglas Walsworth

4. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

That's a hard question to answer without seeing the gun, the wideness of your face your pupilary distance, and how you mount tour gun. The gun should at least be able to be straightened and possibly cast slightly to the left. If that's not enough, you may need to add an adjustable comb to make up the rest.

Ed Yanchok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning shotguns with neutral cast