1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Springs & Firing Pins

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DustyOne60, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DustyOne60

DustyOne60 Active Member

I recently purchased a BT100. It has all of the good stuff as options. I do not have much experience with the BT100. It feels right but not knowing how many rounds have been put through it I wondered if I should get a set of springs and are they easy to install?

Thanks!

2. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

I spoke with the tech department at Browning recently about a Citori I picked up and asked what is Browning's recommendation for spring changes, among some other questions about the history of that gun; and the answer is that Browning does not have an official recommendation.

The fellow told me that he personally changes springs every five years in 'normal' use guns and once a year in competition guns.

As far as changing them, I haven't tried yet, but I don't imagine it can be too difficult. I am going to change mine out since the gun is 15 years old. As far as the five year thing goes, well, I am not terribly concerned about that because all of my guns stored in my safe are stored dry fired. As minimal spring tension as possible on any gun is what I like, unless of course it is a defensive weapon... But that is another story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.