1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Special Trap??????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by SR1, Jul 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SR1

SR1 TS Member

The lever is in the center now. I have no problems with it but was wondering what I need to do or replace to have the lever back to the right. Thank you in advance.

2. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

New locking bolt. Browning pn=B1334288, Brownells # 149-002-288
    PS - this is a fitted part, not some drop in thing.

3. SR1

SR1 TS Member

The gun locks up very tight it is not sloppy at all so I will look into a new spring.I have a friend that had one that would pop open and he needed a new locking bolt so I'm not sure that is the problem just yet.

4. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

SR1 - I gave you the correct advice. Please understand that locking bolt replacement is not related to "sloppy" nor will they cause a gun to "pop open". A weak top lever spring will allow the gun to pop open. If your friend had a locking bolt replaced before the opening lever was near to center, I think he got ripped off OR he did not give you the whole story. example: If you bring a Citori to a good gunsmith and tell the smith that the gun pops open when you fire the top barrel, the smith will replace the top lever spring, but the smith may also inform you that the locking block is worn and that it is in the best interest of the gun to replace the locking bolt too.

sportshot - Yes, you can fit the later stuff - I changed mine years ago.

5. SR1

SR1 TS Member

Thank you Gary I will look into haveing that replaced then.

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I recently changed my top lever spring, and could not see any difference in top lever posistion. The hammer springs made a difference in resistance to close the gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.