1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Special Trap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Drake20, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drake20

Drake20 Member

My buddy has a Browning Special Trap, O/U with 32 inch barrel and adjustable comb, that I was looking to purchase from him. It is in fairly good condition..
    Any Idea what a reasonable purchase price is for one of these guns?

2. djcuda

djcuda Member

I just bought a Special Trap with a Browning case for 1400.00.The gun is 95% or better.It also has the adjustable comb , but 30" barrels.Hope this helps.
    Dave

3. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Fairly good condition is pretty vague to me. How is the lock-up? Is the lever neutral or is it right of center? Are there lot of dings nicks and scratches on the wood? Has the bluing disappeared on the reciever and are there any signs that rust has been removed? Pretty good condition - I might say a grand.

4. Diamond Grade

Diamond Grade TS Member

The last one I bought has an adjustable comb, 32" barrels and was shot very little (500 shots) for $1100 and the box, He was a gun dealer and said I must have sold this too cheap as he had over 10 guys after it but I was first to say sold. This was extremely cheap, wouldn't sell it for anything under $1600.

5. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Absolutely rock solid gun. I bought one about 6 years ago from Shyda's in PA. THey were selling NIB for $1175. I shot very little for a year, tried the new 391's, sold the Browning. It is THE gun I wish I had not sold. They have the same specs as the XT (length of pull, drop at comb, weight). Yup, solid guns.

6. Drake20

Drake20 Member

Thanks for the input! This gun has a couple thousand rounds shot through it. He used it for one ATA season.

7. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

A friend of mine bought one last year from a dealer, NIB for $1700. Myself, if I was to spend that kind of money your talking for a used Browning, I'd go for the Plus gun. A LOT more adjustability, and they are a little more sought after so you can get your money back later. Steve

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Around here the market is 1100 to 1400, more will make it a hard sell unless you find someone panting for one.

HM

9. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

I saw one for $950 like new at the Kittery Trading Post in Kittery, ME

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.