1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Browning Special Trap Edition??????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Martinpicker, Apr 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

What can you guys,(and gals,) tell me about the Browning Special Trap Edition gun? The one I am looking at has "invector" chokes, (Not Invector Plus,) a monte carlo stock and is new in the box.

Are these as durable as the old Citori Trap models? Do they have the wide beavertail fore-end? Do they have exceptional wood? Value compared to original fixed choke Citori and the newer XT? Anything you can tell me would be appreciated.

Martinpicker
  2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I have one. Mine has Invector Plus chokes. I think they all do. Browning switched to Invector Plus chokes in 1993. The Special Trap Edition was made from 1995-1999. The box might say Invector on the end, but I'm pretty sure they will be Invector Plus. It should say Special Trap Edition in gold lettering on the receiver. It was the forerunner to the XT. Good solid Citori, set up for trap. Non adjustable trigger for LOP. Wide forend. Ported. High rib. Nice wood. More expensive that earlier trap Citoris, less expensive than XTs. Mark
  3. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Active Member

They are just as good, or better. They have the ribbed slots between the barrels. Factory ported. The rib at the receiver is slightly different, similar to the XT. I believe just the Sporting Clays model had the adjustable trigger, and extra triggers with the gun. These come with the wide, knurled, or beavertail trigger. Otherwise pretty much the same configuration. The wood was usually standard wood, unless they just happen to have a little better wood selected for that particular gun of the bunch. XT wood was usually better grade. Nothing wrong with the Invector chokes. I seen it written in a recent thread, that the Invectors where actually better patterning. I don't think they were any worse.

That is a nice gun, with decent wood, at a decent price, for being as new. If this is the same gun I seen, the box says Upper: full, Lower: 3/4, and has Invector listed for the choke, but the extra choke tube in the accessories box sure looks like a Invector Plus.

Good luck. My favorite O/U. Can shoot it straight out of the box. Jon
  4. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Active Member

I have a Special Trap. (Gold lettering on the receiver) 32"
    fixed choke. Full and Im. Mod. Ported barrel with upgraded wood.
    Non-adjustable trigger.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.