1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Service

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hmb, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Today is February 28th. HMB

2. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

shootnclays:

I'm glad you had a good experience with Browning's service. Unfortunately, their reputation for atrociously bad service was well deserved because of years of consistently poor service. That injury was typically compounded by inexcusably slow turn around times.

I truly hope Browning has turned (or is turning) things around. If so, "good on them". And, good on you for bringing it to our attention.

Has anyone else had RECENT experience with a Browning gun repair or service that was both satisfactory and prompt??

sissy

3. esetter

esetter Active Member

I had a terrible experience with them a few years ago. Restocked a BSS sidelock that cracked. After 6 months they returned the gun with screws so buggered up they cut you and the wood so proud the top lever wouldn't open the gun. Sent it back and they kept it another 6 months and when they sent it back the wood was still proud but the gun would open, but now the left barrel wouldn't fire. To make a long story short, after two years and a gun that still wasn't right I sent it to a stock man (Hillmer)and he did the work in 1 month and everything was perfect. I collect Brownings and there still is a bad taste in my mouth over this.

4. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

you sent the gun in on march 7, 2006, received it on feb 28, 2007. that's 1 wk. short of a year. i'm confused. i got the 2/28 date from the time stamp on your post.

brett d.

5. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Perhaps he meant February of this year for sending and the return. If that's the case that could be the fastest turn around from Browning I've ever heard of.

Eric

6. J.P.

J.P. TS Member

I think he needs to re post so we know what he is trying to say.

7. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

cool! glad to hear it.

8. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

ShootnClays, congratulations on a happy experience with Browning. We received my wife's Lightning in Feb., 2007, as well. The problem being they had had it since June, 2006. That is an improvement, however, two years ago it took 18 months for my friend to get his Broadway back after the same fix.

Buz

9. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

Hey ShootinClays,

Maybe you can call Browning on my behalf. I sent my BT-99 in for work October 2006. Not back yet. ETA from the good folks at Browning in Arnold, MO July 2007.

I called and talked to the manager in the repair shop. He said he would see what he could do to speed the process along. That was a month ago.

I guess I will just have to waste some more of my money and call them again.

Dr. Honk

10. AAfan

AAfan TS Member

Well, I sent in a grade V citori with a crack in the wrist in September 07', they estimated 3 months on the post card, got it back in December with new wood and forarm matched!

I had called to check on the delay, the manager had been trying to find quality wood that matched my forearm, after I OK'd replacing both so a matched set could be used, I got it back two weeks later!

Great service, courteous people!

Howard

11. gold40

gold40 Member

I have had excellent service on two shotguns at the Browning repair service. Both were timely warranty repairs at no charge.

JERRY

12. alfadawg

alfadawg TS Member

None of the people that claim the sevice was so good are telling us what the repair was that they had done. I had a crack in the wood of my Gun and it took 4 months.
    Mike

13. chanmarine

chanmarine TS Member

Sent my BT-100 to Arnold, MO early 2006 for buttstock refinish, firing pin and spring, cracked forearm replacement. Their estimate on the card was 4 months, then the online tracking systems said 5 months, then it said 6 months. Actually got it back in just over 23 weeks. Good or bad? Your call!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning bss sidelock
browning firearms repair

browning firearms repair service

browning gun repair arnold mo

browning repair service tracker
browning service repair form