1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Service

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Irfner, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irfner

Irfner TS Member

I have heard so much negative about Browning Service I was quite concerned when I had to send my Winchester Select Energy in for repairs. The forearm had a small crack and the bottom fireing pin was dragging. I filled out a Browning repair form and off it went to Arnold MO. via UPS on Jan 25 2007 (lest you think it was last year). I was expecting a post card with a tracking number but it did not arrive. Thinking the worse I began preparing for the inevitable phone call to the service dept. I gathered up my shipping receipt, checked with UPS to confirm the gun had been delivered to Browning wrote down the serial number and was just about ready when the doorbell rang. It was UPS returning my shotgun. Repairs completed, new plunger stop and forearm installed. Looks to be a pretty good job and in under three weeks round trip including shipping. Browning better be carefull. With service like this they may turn their reputation around.

irfner

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I've only ever needed parts just for the new style adjustable comb they have..I keep hoping they will go back to the old bulletproof style( thats another story) But I'm glad to hear such good experiences in the off chance one of my verry bulletproof Brownings ever breaks...as long as they keep building great guns they will always have my business

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I'm in need of purchasing some parts right now but definantly must call as the schematic was a bit sketchy and I don't believer its accurately listing all the parts I need....Its a deer barrel for a BPS...I need all the parts associated with the rear sight..if anybody else has one they can photo up close I would be appreciative...i got the barrel real cheap but missing those parts.

4. chanmarine

chanmarine TS Member

Sent my Browning to them last June (2006) for stock refinish and receiver repair (firing pin, etc.). Cost $500+. Got it back with a chip out of the refinished stock, but otherwise showing pretty good workmanship. They didn't blue the gun as I had requested, but they didn't charge me for the bluing either. Only took 23 weeks, door-to-door-to-door. Good or bad? Your call!

5. Irfner

Irfner TS Member

Seems to be hit and miss. A friend of mine sent his XS Skeet in because it was shooting left. They bent the rib so badly the gun could hardly be shot then claimed the POI was within specs. They ended up replacing the gun. So it seems like routine repairs such as I needed are ok but beyond that there are questions.

irfner

6. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I bought a Superposed about 30+ years ago. The first shot, the forearm split! The dealer sent it back to Browning. 3 months later it came back with a piece of balsa wood for a replacement forend. I refused it and the dealer let me pick out a new gun while he fought it out with Browning.

30 years later, my friend had his new Browning break while shooting Sporting Clays, After 5 months he got it back and, sure enough it broke again the first time he took it out. I saw him take the gun by the barrels and swing it in an arc and throw it away into the field. One of the guys retrieved it but he wouldn't even look at it. His friend had the gun repaired and sold it for him.

At the Grand a couple of years ago, another friend brought his BT99 to the Browning shop about 1:00 in the afternoon and picked it up the following morning. They had replaced the locking bar and did some other things and charges him only a few bucks. It obviously is not the gunsmiths but the "management" or lack thereof!

7. schimmy

schimmy Member

I recently bought a Citori XT. I took it to a shooting school to have it patterned and fit. The gun shot high and to the left to the point that the instructor would not do anything with it untill I sent it back to get it fixed. I got it back today from Browning with a note saying that it was withing their specs and they wouldn't do anything with it. I think I'm going to let them keep it.

8. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

My 2 cents, I had to send my BT99 back to Browning service in MO, the middle sight fell out, it was back in 10 days just like new... could not ask for better service.. GRUBBY

9. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

With your gun having a pattern issue. You may want to try a diff. load or make of shell. Sometimes this is a easy cure.

10. JoeBerg

JoeBerg TS Member

schimmy

What did the instructor suggest to have done to the stock? My XT shot high & left until I had the stock bent for cast-off, and I had a Jones Adjuster with a 3/4" Gooey pad installed to get the L.O.P., heel drop & toe-out right. The gun now shoots where I'm looking.

Browning does not do stock fitting, and its the kind of thing where you want to work up close & personal with a qualified stockfitter who can see you mount and shoot the gun. Browning will tell you that a neutral-cast stock is within spec, but it sounds like that is causing you problems. JoeBerg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning service repair form