1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Service

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ron Frazier, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

I sent a Bt 99 back to Browning on May 25th. They "estimate" completion of the repairs to be done on Sept. 10th. ( It came through new with a 1/8" space between the forearm wood and metal which caused the forearm to loosen constantly. Is this long a repair time normal? I like the gun but am looking to upgrade soon and probably won't consider another Browning. Anyone know about the new Ceasar Guerinis?

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Ron, I can't help but wonder, why on earth would ya buy a new gun with this big of a problem? Maybe if ya hadda looked it over closer, it would be someone else's problem.

3. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

Ron,
    If you or a friend will be at the Grand take the gun into the Browning store and raise a little fuss. A dozen potential customers standing around to here the gripe might help. I was in their Grand store yesterday. One gentleman was helpful, two others would not get up off of their rears. The store had over a dozen young shooters in it looking to improve over dads duck gun that they had been shooting all year.

BT99 are not that hard to work on...bet if Browning does not get it taken care of there will be ten guys at the Grand that can fix it.
    Good Luck
    CA
    By the way...if you come to the Grand just think HOT and lots of fun.

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

I know nothing of Browning service but 3-1/2 months to fix that problem is about 3 months to long.

If that is how it came through and how you bought it why did you not go back to the people you purchased it from and have them fix it or just give a replacement of some sort? Unless of course it was a private party sale.

5. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

It was inexperience on my part. I'm a newbie, but will know better next time. Browning has it now so I am at their mercy.

6. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

All summer long? Jeez....a buddy of mine sent his in Sept. and got it back the following spring. You will be lucky if you get it back that soon. I would have sent it to someone else to fix. The guys on here I'm sure can suggest someone better. Steve

7. 45er

45er TS Member

Browning makes some wonderful guns - no doubt. However, it is beyond me how they can run a company with the level of customer service they provide. It's atrocious. One example - several years ago (in early May) my son bought a brand new Browning Gold autoloader. This was a 12 gauge and he had already bought a 20 gauge and loved it. I was with him when he took it out of the box to shoot the first box through it. Boom - jam - boom - jam etc. etc. He took it home and compared it with his 20. Sure enough, the little extractor that is integral to the barrel was so loose it was almost going to fall off of the 12 gauge barrel. He took it to an "authorized Browning dealer" in Houston, who promptly boxed it up and sent it to Browning (we could have done that!). For months we went round-and-round with Browning. We'll fix it - no we can't fix it - we'll fix it - no we can't fix it. They finally told us they were going to have to replace the barrel but didn't have any, and actually whined about having to take one off of a "brand new" gun in the box!! I actually couldn't believe what I was hearing. The Browning service center in Missouri actually didn't have any spare 12 gauge Browning Gold barrels??! Incredulous! Anyway, my son got his gun back - in late September that year. I wish I was making this up, but it's 100% true. Rob

8. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

Thank you for the feedback. I'm going to write to Browning. Wish me luck!

9. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Let me just say that because of Browning lousey service I sold all my Brownings (3 to be exact).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.