1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning service

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by roger8918, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roger8918

roger8918 Member

I'm in Central PA/Baltimore MD area and I'm looking to send out my kids 3 guns to have services. Nothing wrong with them just would like to have them given the once over.<br>
    <br>
    1.) is there anyone local you would recommend so I could save on shipping? <br>
    2.) if not, who would you recommend I ship them to? <br>
    3.) What should I expect to pay?<br>
    <br>
    The guns are all Brownings<br>
    <br>
    BT-100<br>
    Citori Special Trap<br>
    Citori Plus<br>

2. porky

porky TS Member

From what I have been told by people who have sent guns back to Browning for warranty and just regular service needs, service takes forever. I am not even going to talk about how good the work is. Since these guns have been around 15-20 years, almost every gunsmith has worked on them and even owners get the parts from Brownells and do work themselves. I really think you should give your Brownings to a local gunsmith of good reputation get any work done. That way you can have some control on them.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Give them a good cleaning and lube and put them back in the safe. HMB

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"Since these guns have been around 15-20 years, almost every gunsmith has worked on them and even owners get the parts from Brownells and do work themselves."</I></blockquote>Browning's gun service IS about as slow as it can get. BUT... they are pretty quick about getting parts out to you. Call them on the phone and order direct. Brownells is way over-priced ($12 for a $6 firing pin?) and outrageous on shipping. I do my own annuals and parts from the factory are WAY cheaper than the same parts from Brownells.

MK

5. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Unless there is something wrong, action loose or springs weak or lock up not tight etc., just keep shooting them.

But, if you still feel that you need to have them "checked out", send them to Doug Braker. He's the man. Fair prices and super fast service.

See the link above.

6. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Not sure of your exact location, but I would suggest Tom Weimann at Backwoods Outfitters in Columbia, PA (near Lancaster). 717-684-2017

It is a small gun shop and what I like is that he has several outside gunsmiths he uses - depending on the work you want done - he has done tons of work for me, and everything has been done spectacularly well, and for a price I always think is too low.

David D

7. slick50

slick50 Member

He is not local but very good and reasonable Browning service: Arts Gunsmithing in Missouri. He worked for Browning for many years. Quick turn around if you need it. Just Google him he has a web site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.