1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Service Department: TERRIBLE Experience

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Eric Mirosavich, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric Mirosavich

Eric Mirosavich Member

I've been shooting a Browning 525 12/30" for some time now, the stock has developed a crack behind the top lever and the forend channel is widening, to the point that its a good 1/8" wider than the barrels. The gun has been shot quite a bit and there is pitting on the barrels.

I called the service department approx a month ago, their response was send it in, the stock should be replaced free and they would evaluate the forend. I also asked for a quote on rebluing the barrels and replacing worn springs and such.

I recently got my quote, about $1100. They had a replacement stock at $0, forend wood at $310, and the misc springs and bluing make up the rest.

I wasnt interested in rebluing and springs, I just wanted the wood replaced since it was defective. The original service rep said that the wood would only be replaced free if I agreed to pay for the rest of the repairs. The manager "Jeff" said the same, Browning was throwing the stock in if I purchased the rest of the repairs.

No where on the estimate does it say free wood, contigent upon the rest of the repairs. The stock cracked d/t defect, not because of use. I have numerous other Citoris with many many more rounds and the stocks arent cracked.

Browning should have replaced the cracked stock free of charge. Just wanted to vent.

2. David McMillen

David McMillen Well-Known Member

Eric, The way I see it, you'll basicly will get a new gun when Browning is done. Most gunsmiths do charge about $400 to blue a complete gun. And you did indicate you shot your Browning quite a bit. I can see where Browning should of been up front on their charges, but you never know, with a repair job cost, until they see the gun in person.

David McMillen

3. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Browning is the last place I would send a Browning to, been worked over by them before, never again.

4. open choke

open choke TS Member

This is nothing new.

I wanted to get a serial number of an older browning called and they sent me to the guy who does that and he said he has to go to the other side of the building. He took my number called me back and as soon I said hello he read the info off and hung up... He didn't even say are you ready to write it down.

This is browning

5. Simon Engraving

Simon Engraving Active Member

eric dont get sucked in if they wont replace the wood pay shipping and get ur gun back jmo.

6. Eric Mirosavich

Eric Mirosavich Member

I am not upset about the total cost to refurbish the gun. However, I am upset that the stock was defective and should've been replaced free of charge.

7. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

If you're unhappy go up the ladder until you reach the president and drop your complaint in his lap. Many times the guy at the top hasn't a clue how his people are handling their customers. Remember, no doesn't mean no, it means maybe. Never be afraid to move to higher rung on the ladder until you reach the top, that guy has the last word, not the guy in the shop.

Surfer

8. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Had the same problem with an XT gun back in 2003. 2 weeks old, stock cracked just behind the trigger guard all the way around to the safety. Sent it to Browning in Arnold, Missouri and got the super 6 month turn around service. They did replace my stock for free but tried to sell me on the same package you were offered. Wrote a complaint letter to the Director of Ops and finally got mine fixed. VERY poor customer service. Will never buy another NEW Browning.

Good luck.

9. STARSKY

STARSKY TS Member

Huh, I have 5 Citori's and have owned them for years. Had minor repair done a few times and always had a great experience?? I live fairly close to the Arnold, MO facility. Great guys in my opinion. Jeff

10. gsw7880

gsw7880 Member

Good luck, they had a 101 of mine that was two weeks old four months. Went right to the top in charge and that made it worse. Talk to fellow browning and Winchester owner's at shoot's they will warn you of bad service and long waits.

George.

11. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Been my experience that you get better and faster service with no runaround if you go through one of their warranty center gunsmiths to get the work done rather than send it back yourself.

Keller

12. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

This is one of the reasons I will not shoot a Browning. After dealing with Kolar, CG, and Krieghoff it is very hard to go several steps backward with Brownings. Plain and simple there customer service sucks at best.

13. Gary Beer

Gary Beer Member

I gave my XT Combo to the Browning mechanics at the Grand for a tune-up. I was there early so they got me in and out in the same day. During my first 100 targets i noticed the recoil device was loose and installed incorrectly. Fixed that myself. Went to shoot doubles and the barrels would not close. Trip back to the Browning shop and they fixed what they replaced in the first place. Two days later the OU barrels wouldnt close again and this time they all huddled around and after some sort of filing and grinding they gave it back.

14. camowilly

camowilly TS Member

Now I know why u needed the extra set of wood. I hope it fits ok.!Good Luck and Thanks again!Wayne

15. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I want restitution.

JOE
    Restitution? You want restitution? Why
    should I give you restitution?

KRAMER
    Because it's no good.

JOE
    When you put that fruit out, that's
    where it ends for me.

KRAMER
    It's still your fruit, you gotta stand
    behind your fruit.

JOE
    I stand behind my fruit.

KRAMER
    So...

JOE
    Hey, you got a bad peach? That's an
    act of God. He makes the peaches. I
    don't make the peaches, I sell the peaches.
    You have a problem? You talk to him.

KRAMER
    You know this whole place is going vrrrrrrrrrrrrt,
    downhill. I could have come in here
    last week with a bad plum but I let
    it go.

JOE
    Well let me put a solution for you:
    do your business elsewhere, I don't
    want your business.

KRAMER
    Oh now you don't want my business.

JOE
    No, I don't want your business and from
    this moment you're banned from the store,
    you're banned!

KRAMER
    But what am I gonna do for fruit?

Browning doesn't make the wood....

16. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Your right...Browning doesn't make the wood, but they do install it and sell it as an integral piece of their equipment.

Chevrolet doesn't make the body ....Fisher does....but Chevrolet warranties it and repairs it when there's a problem. Same deal.

Apparently you're watching waaaay too many Seinfeld reruns......Giddyup.

17. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I see were you are coming from. I had a rib repaired on my Xt and it took 3 months. Then I sent it back the next day after I got it back. The bluing was so bad I couldn't believe Browning did it. 3 Months more and the gun came back like new again.
    At lease they fixed it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bad customer service browning
browning repair arnold mo
browning service complaints

browning service department

browning service department arnold missouri

browning winchester customer service

complaints browning customer service
customer complaints browning service