1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning serial number question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OldRemFan, Jun 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

Need help. I have a friend that broke the forend on his Citori. He purchased a new forend that appears to be about 1 inch shorter than the original.

What does 1E3 on the last three digits of the serial number stand for? Is it something special?

Tthanks for any help you can provide.

Bob

2. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

This is the site that has all the serial number info on it. Your code isn't there, but Browning is noted for the typos on that site. You might give them a call.

3. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

Rastoff

Thanks, I did find that site on a web search and couldn't turn up anything. I am hoping that some Browning expert on TS can help me out.

Bob

4. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Bob, give Midway a call, they are very knowledgeable & helpful & will probably have what you need.

1-800-243-3220

5. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

6. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

The 1E3 is a model number, but it is not very useful in determining whether you need a two screw forearm bracket forearm, or the long target style three screw forearm bracket forearm. See the URL above for help in figuring out what you need. From your description, I suspect you need the long target style three screw forearm bracket forearm

7. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

Bob K

Thanks, I believe that got me the reference pictures I was looking for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.