1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning sent me some nice free things!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by himark, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Tired of all the negative talk bout companies so I thought I would report something nice. I bought my son a BT99 and sent in the 4H rebate form for 100 bux. Not only did they send the 100 bux they sent him a nice shooting hat, and lapel pen and a decal for his window..<-----he is 13 so dad gets that:) Anyway Browning made a nice gesture and should be recoginized.

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

himark,

I sure hope you didn't put that sticker on your vehicle window. Thieves look at such things whilst canvassing cars around the parking lot.

I'd rather stick a obama decal on it and just get egged every once in a while!

ss

3. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

oh hell my girlfriend has 2 pink and 2 purple browning stickers in her car windows!! Girls with guns are way more fun!!

4. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

I have decals and never had problems. I have never left thousands of dollars worth of guns in the car for extended periods either.

5. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

You don't have to worry about that where I live. Big reason why I live where I do.

6. 682LINY

682LINY Member

I live and work in the metro NY area,,,,have had Beretta Team and Trapshooter.com along with NRA and NASCAR stickers all over my trucks for 6 years,,,,never had a problem,,,,worry more about the obama police than anyone breaking in my truck,,,One sticker does say INSURED BY SMITH & WESSON

7. Buckdeerdown

Buckdeerdown TS Member

2 things.
    1) Goose2, where abouts do you live ? I'm packing the family up and looking for a house in your town because they will steal the gun off your shoulder while on the line here in the "ARMPIT" of United States, South Jersey.
    2)Back in late 1960's, early 1970's, my father pulled up in front of the local deli in the small little town he lived in, left the car running, and ran inside to pick up a lunch order. When he came out 3-4 minutes later, his heart sank when he realized some scumbag stole his car. Over the years though he told me that feeling failed in comparison to the one he felt when he realized they made off with the car as well as something his father had given him not long before he passed away, an all original, mint condition, 12 gauge double barrel A.H. Fox Sterlingworth. My father had been bird hunting earlier in the day and had put the gun in the trunk before heading to the deli for lunch.
    Moral of the story- I often wondered if the dirtbag that made off with the car saw the blaze orange hunting gear and decided to go for that ride, or if he had no idea that a young man's prized possesion was in that trunk and simply ditched the car in a lake or some back alley.

8. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

That's great!

I hate to rain on the Browning Parade but I have a friend that I shoot trap with that broke a spring in the trigger assembly in his GOLD that would prevent the bolt from holding open on the last shot. He sent the gun to Browning and they tried to tell him the barrel had a microscopic crack and that he would need to buy a new barrel for $495 dollars to fix the gun!!!! He said send it back. This ordeal only took three months! When he finally got the gun back he took it to a local Gander Mountain gunsmith that diagnosed the broken spring in the trigger assembly and fixed it for less than a hundred bucks!!!! I love my Brownings but hate hearing stuff like this!!!

9. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

I guess living in small town USA has its advantages, I have a pink buckmark on my car, and have never had problems, even when I have taken the car into Columbus. But my guns are only in the car at a shoot. And if they are with us one of us stays in the car if we have to run in someplace.

I love my brownings, have never had anything go wrong with one yet, so I don't know about service, but they have always been very friendly when I have called with a question etc...

Good shooting
    Deb

10. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

when federal first came out with the 12s3 wad, they made a batch of these wads that were a little to long. i purchased a bag of 500 to try them and wrote a letter to federal about the problem. in a few weeks, a ups truck pulled up with 5,000 fed 12s3 wads and a letter of apology. i thought that was nice of them.
    steve balistreri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.