1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning "Salt"

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by highway, Feb 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. highway

highway Member

Does anyone happen to know the story regarding Browning Salt Wood?
    Somehow I never heard this one or I just blocked it out. How many years were
    affected and who was responsible for this mistake? Was only one source of wood
    responsible?
    Thanks
    Roger

2. skeezix

skeezix Member

Browning

There is a pretty informative article on Arts website.:

3. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

Browning

Art's Gun Shop has a couple of videos in which he explains the why's and wherefore's of the Browning salt wood fiasco.

Teach me to take a drink of coffee while typing my reply.Skeezix is quicker than me..

Pat

4. highway

highway Member

Browning

Thanks for the quick replies. What a great and informative article. I'm just
    glad that I never got hit by this disaster. Pure luck--I guess.
    Thanks
    Roger

5. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Browning

A couple of years ago I bought a NIB 1967 Browning Grade I Lightning short tang round knob 12 ga. 28" IC & Mod for $1850. Beautiful gun. Sold it to a buddy who "had to have it" for $1850...and he promptly took it out and shot it several rounds of skeet. Later, he said he decided he didn't like it so I bought it back; a year later, oh yeah, he decided he wanted it back so I sold it back for $1850. Then, he found out it was a salt gun...and I insisted on giving his money back rather than having anyone believe I unloaded a salt gun on a friend. Sold it at a gun shop for $950 - gun shop was aware of the salt damage inside - went home and took a $900 bath and forgot about it until this thread. Guess this is why I am usually broke. Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.