1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Release Trigger ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by perazzi_01, Apr 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perazzi_01

perazzi_01 Member

Ok....have done an exhaustive search on the internet with no help...recently went to the darkside and shooting a double release for my MX8, I'm wondering if anyone has heard or seen or knows anyone who will convert my Browning Gold backup/hunting and rainy day gun to a release.... seen a couple Smiths advertise release price's in their " OTHER GUNS " categories but none for Browning Gold's specifically,.... I do own a couple Beretta's Auto's and know they are easily converted to release but prefer shooting the Browning.....any help out there ?..... a name of a specific Smith...Phillips ? Thanks in advance!

2. rlcammer

rlcammer TS Member

Darryl at Spears gun shop told me a few years back that he could do it.

620 286-5671

Good luck!

Ric C.

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Be more specific in Browning Gold, is it Golden Clays,
    If you are near Ohio try Thurman Gobel 419-675-3164 ask him if he can do what you want done.

Others have been recommended to you do good work also.

Spears 628-286-5671.

Phil Crenwidge.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Don't call Darrell at Spears. He's not doing triggers for a few months to work on another project. There was one for sale a while ago on TS.com.
    My understanding is that the trigger for the Winchester SX-2 will work if you can find one that's been converted. You probably would lose the speed feed feature though.

5. chipped99

chipped99 Active Member

Depending on your location you can try Skeets Gun Shop in Tahequah,Ok.They are Browing experts and do exceptional double releases!918-456-4749 ask for DEAN....YOU WILL BE HAPPY!!

6. LDAdd

LDAdd TS Member

Ditto Chipped99...Dean did my latest Browning dbl. release and it is very satisfactory, good turnaround time, and just happened to be a few $$ less than some others.

Larry

7. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The Browing Gold is an auto.

8. perazzi_01

perazzi_01 Member

Yes....talking auto loader.....and after making a few phone calls....it can't be done....thanks for all the replies....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.