1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Recoiless

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bassetguy, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassetguy

bassetguy TS Member

Can I hear from recoiless owners/shooters out there? Saw one at trap range and owner said it really was recoiless. Strange action tho.... kinda like a bolt action. From those who has owned one, what say you about the experience?

2. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

I've owned one for a number of years but just recently took up trap shooting on a regular basis. The action does indeed cancel recoil but at a price. The bbl is moved to the rear and held there by the trigger (under spring tension) when you pull trigger it has to release the bbl tension as well as the firing pin. After one week of league shooting I started having extraction problems, then the trigger started acting up. Very hard pull one time, light the next and on two occasions it wouldn't fire at all. I sold it and bought a BT99 with RAD systems. Much better now. There's a reason they didn't catch on.

Rich

3. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

It came in a 28" and a 30' version. I owned the 30" and thought it was heavy. If I had it to do over, I'd get the 28" version. It's a hoot to shoot. Adjustable many ways and very little recoil.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Slowest trigger ever made. But, a great, maybe the greatest recoilless design. I had one for a few years.

5. snapthecat

snapthecat TS Member

I have owned two of them-one of each length.
    Wouldn't make good boat anchors.
    If you have to take them apart for cleaning (and you will) good luck on reassembly. The best design is the usually the simplest design. This aint it.

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I had one...used it for half a year after a dislocated shoulder problem...I had two forearms split right up the middle..no other problems though other than me not being able to ever get consistant with it,...just not my cup of tea and was glad to get back to my 99 Plus..resale on them is the pits if you are looking to buy

7. chikeneyes

chikeneyes TS Member

someone has to lead the way they will be back with better engineering and lighter i hope

8. C1

C1 Member

I checked one of the first ones produced out at the Grand and proceeded to the practice with some of my shooting buddies and a box of shells. The three of us shot at 25 targets and broke 3. When Jim Brown handed me the gun back he said "I don't know where it shoots or WHEN it shoots". No one said anything more.

That being said a local shooter,who I consider the worlds best technical shooter, bought one and from the 27 yard line missed the first target and ran the last 99. We let him shoot one more just so he could say he broke a 100 with it. I don't know why he quit shooting it but I think he got home and said to himself, how is that going to get better?

Gary Riecke

9. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

Really an ugly gun but fun to shoot. When you pull the trigger, everything seems to slow down and start moving, then the target breaks. I thought no recoil at all.

10. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

I wish I still had mine.

bluedsteel

11. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

I had a 30", the weight was to far forward for my liking. It was a soft shooter and had all the adjustments. The only issue was a weak latch spring on the forearm whick I replaced with a heavier one. I've shot the 28" model and was quite pleased with shorter barrel. I have friend who's on the 27 and does quite well with his 28" barreled model.

Surfer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.