1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Recoiless ?problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by DocJim, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DocJim

DocJim Member

Shot my Recoiless last night after not shooting it for several months. I had 4 episodes out of 75 shots of failure to cock. I was shooting 1 0z of shot with a velocity of only about 1120 fps where previously I had always shot 1150 fps or greater. Anyone have any ideas as to the cause of this malfunction? Could the load be too light to reliabily cock the gun, as may happen in semi-autos? Points of lubrication? (Browning cautions not to take the gun apart). Any/all ideas welcomed.
    Jim G

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

These guns were not made for light loads. Try some factory standard 1 1/8 oz loads in before you do anything to it.

I'll bet you about fall off the station with one ouncers in a Recoiless! ;^)

3. imissone

imissone TS Member

I own one and when I use a ligh load the gun will not cycle.
    I am shooting 7/8oz loads at 1200fps and it cycles great.the gun cycles at 1150fps or faster.
    You can take them apart to clean. I can break it down in 5min. The recoil spring broke so I had to take it apart to replace it. I even got the bolt out and clean that. The only part I haven't taken apart yet is the trigger. Anybody got the directions to take that apart?
    I take it apart twice a year to clean, the other times I oil and wipe it down.
    It's a great gun to shoot. No recoil and after a 100 rounds your not sore.
    I have a very bad back and when I shoot a bt99,870,model 12, beretta 682 my back was hurting me. I have tried the auto loaders too and they were not that bad with my back.

imissone

4. jbshep

jbshep Member

I have a new one for you. $795 with free shipping. - Brad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.