1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Rebuild

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hank55, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hank55

Hank55 Member

I'm going to be in the market for a rebuild on my Browning BT-100 in the near future. The lever is near the middle and has a few more shoots left in it but will eventually need to get a new block and whatever else is done to tighten it. I live in Indiana and am not sure who would be close that does this type of work.

2. chemist

chemist Member

I used Arts in Missouri to rebuild and refinish my XT combo and was very happy. It does take time.

Other places out there, as this posting should yield.

Rich Kaplan- chemist

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Hank, You can shoot many rounds though this gun even after the lever is past center. Only you and a gunsmith can say exatly when it needs to be done. With that said, I would send it to Skeets gun shop. He was rebuilding your gun for $95 4-5 years ago. Not sure of the prices today. (918) 456-4749. He treated me very well, and I would have no problem doing business with him again. He's in Tahlequah, Ok. Good Luck and break em all. Jeff

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

MidWest GunWorks is another one that does great work. I would choose Art's first myself. Art's is the Browning restoration guru.

5. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Hank55:

Doug Braker (posts as GunDr on ts.c) has rebuilt two trap guns for me. The most recent was a Browning. My next project won't be a Browning but he'll do it too.

Doug's Gunsmith Shop
    3929 8th St SW
    Backus, MN 56435
    218-947-3600
    dougsgunsmithship.com

sissy

6. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

I have a BT-99 boxed up to send to Doug Braker right now to do a rebuild on!

Oscar

7. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Art's first, Dean at Skeet's second, both very good.

Surfer

8. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Has anyone used Midwest Gun Works?

9. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Speaking of Art's, a gentleman just emailed me a pic of a Browning Double Automatic that he had restored there. It was a shooter condition gun in Velvet grey. Art added some scroll work on the border over the standard issue on the DA and reanodized it in this blue. I think the pic speaks for itself. Very sexy.
    Doug Allison
    BlueDA.jpg

10. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Skeet's ... hands down! Will beat the price and turn-around of Midwest! Dean is the best and a great guy to work with. Martinpicker

11. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

I have used MidWest for several jobs on both upgrades and repairs. Always timely turnaround time and they do a great job. They are also Browning and Beretta factory authorized service centers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning trap rebuild