1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Pointer Grade

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by squirrelkiller, Apr 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

Would appreciate some input regarding value. Gun has been altered. Ported, Briley tubes and stock has been cut. Gun has been shot, perhaps alot. It is a 1959 gun, ser. 71^%$, 28", round knob, long tang, blue good, engraving awesome. Where would you put the gun in the blue book range? Want to give a honest offer.

2. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

Up. I am not a dealer. I want to make an honest offer to the owner. The gun fits my youngest very well. I would appreciate any advice on price. With the modifications to the gun, it does not fit well within the blue book. Thanks.

3. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

You are buying a fancy old "shooter" with small (by todays standards) bores. A decent Browning O/U special trap, XT, etc, will cost you 11-1600.00. The frame and foreend iron are a somewhat marketable item for a rebuilder to resurect a pointer grade for a collector of old Brownings. In my opinion, anything over 1100.00 would be to much. A good XY is a better gun for trap with modern updated bores, rib, internal parts availability, etc.......merlyn.......

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

A pointer grade for 1100 dollars? Come on Merlyn a shooter O/U is always worth 1200 bucks. Hell a darned old Citori is worth 1000.00. The engraving itself has got to be worth 15 to 1800. If the gun is to be a shooter it is worth 1750 to 2200. That's my opinion but I suspect if the gun was auctioned on Gunbroker.com it would bring more then 2200. Jeff

5. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

Thank you very much Merlyn. I appreciate your honesty and experienced opinion.

6. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Lets see; Butchered stock, Holes in barrels, After-market choke tubes (although good quality), lots of shooting (well-used). Did I miss something? A really clean Pointer original will bring around 45-5500.00. (check with Bob Burg - St. Louis)He buys a lot of high-end Brownings.
    I sold one for 2700.00 and was damn glad to get it. It had after-market wood but other-wise original but somewhat used.
    You MAY find a buyer on Gunbroker, or NOT. An auction will generally bring more money for any given item than the same item will bring on display at a store or shoot!.......merlyn.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning pointer grade for sale

browning pointer trap