1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning POI

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ScreaminEagle, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScreaminEagle

ScreaminEagle TS Member

Hi All...
    This is actually a spin-off of the New Shooter Would Appreciate Your Thoughts thread. In that thread, I noticed a couple of you mention that you're using the Browning XT for all clays games. Do you find when using the XT that if you align your eye flat on the rib that the gun shoots a 50/50 pattern?...in other words it isn't built into the gun to shoot high, like 60/40, 70/30, etc....just because it's a trap gun?...
    Thanks...

2. spritc

spritc Active Member

The only way to know is to shoot yours at a pattern board. Of course if you have an adjustable comb you should be able to make it shoot 100% high.

3. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Find it hard to believe it is effective for all clay games. I'm not saying it can't be used. An 1100 field gun could be used also.

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I've almost always have found Brownings to be the most truest shooting out of the box guns you can buy. Just my experience....and I do check a lot of guns at patterning boards.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Tron- Do you mean by "shooting true" the gun patterns 50% ?

Pat Ireland

6. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Pat, it depends on the rib configuration. So, basically, what I'm saying is that from my experience, they shoot true and straight from bore. Not left or right, high or low....the vast majority that is. I can't say that about a lot of other high production guns. The OU's that I've dealt with (for the most part) are very impressive. They actually manage to get both barrels to shoot in almost the exact same place! This is something that I've come to expect from only the high end guns...but Browning seems to have a good handle on that aspect.

JUST MY experiences!

7. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

To me, the POI of a shotgun depends on the comb height, the rib height, as well as the height of my cheek bone. The comb and the cheek bone drive my height of eye, so it is hard to say how a shotgun may shoot for you. For me, I have a high cheek bone, so every XS Skeet shotgun I tried I cannot see past the rear of the receiver. For me a high comb or an adjustable comb is mandatory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning poi