1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning POI question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Trapped in Trap(TIP), Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trapped in Trap(TIP)

Trapped in Trap(TIP) Member

You could shave the top of the comb to allow your sight pic to be more of a figure 8 with the beads and therefore lower your POI. Seems logical, might be a flaw there somewhere. Brownings that shoot that high are more than a bit unusual. I've watched a number of BT/XT/XT combo guys pattern their guns and even with the combs way up, they don't shoot much more than 70-30.

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

You could put a taller HI-Viz sight just behind the front bead, I think they come with a adheasive option.. Should accomplish the same result, or remove the Browning bead and replace with the HI-VIZ.

Eric

3. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

if you have an adjustable comb installed, the comb will be lower than it is now, because of the material lost in the saw kerf, you can also remove more material from the bottom of the comb to get it lower, doing it this way you don't have to mess with the finish on the stock.

tony

4. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

The simplest solution is to raise the front sight (front bead). Check Brownells, they should have different beads to fit the browning. Or you can simply have your local gunsmith install a different bead. Also the suggestions to use something like the "easy hit" flourescent sight which attachs with double sided tape will also serve to raise the front bead.

Jim R

5. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

***"If I jam my face down on the stock hard enough to put the middle bead directly behind the front bead I am still 100% above POA on the splatter."***

Ray,

My suggestion for the best solution for correcting the high POI you are getting is to have an add-on rib installed which is taller at the muzzle and shorter at the breech end. Simply jacking up the front sight on a platform may not work too well if you are the type shooter who likes to see some rib when shooting.

However, you need to be aware that changing the POI for one barrel will change the POI for BOTH barrels. If the second barrel is shooting where you want it to right now, then changing the height of the front sight will affect it too.

Another alternative would be to buy a choke that is bored off center to compensate for the high shooting barrel. You may have to send your gun in to Briley (or someone) for them to do this work so they can get the choke done the way you want it.

Good luck.

Easystreet

6. mike b.

mike b. Member

See URL. 3/56 thread for Browning. Will cure one barrel's problem. Have you contacted Browning about it ? Custom choke tubes is probably the fastest cure.

7. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

I've had two bt's now and on both of them [and the rest of my guns]I install very large beads in the front. Good for old eyes and it takes up alot of the "float" problem. Turns a 100 into a 60/40. My latest is called a fatbead.
    Bill In MI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning poi