1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

browning parts

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by duckeye, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duckeye

duckeye TS Member

Has anyone tried to get any parts from Browning? If so what phone number did you use to get them? The answer I got from them was it will take 30 days to get the parts. To me that is not acceptable and I cannot see why it would take 30 days for parts. They cannot be that busy for it to take 30 days. That is pretty d--- poor service as far as I am concerned. So the bottom line is I suppose I will never buy another browning firearm and I will get rid of the several I have.

2. skeetjunkie

skeetjunkie TS Member

For a current or recent production gun, I'd agree with you that parts should be available. Even then, though, production demands can be so great that there are none available for service. I know that some of you that have not been in manufacturing cannot understand that, but it's true. Suppliers only have so much capacity and it's usually spread among multiple customers. In a booming economy its easy to run a supplier out of capacity. Further, it's my understanding that Browning does not build all product all year long. Rather, they batch-build one product and then move on to another. Thus, they would time arrival of components to coincide with the build date of that particular gun. That could be another reason your service part is not readily available.
    On an out-of-production product, its not always easy to know which components, how many and when to replenish inventory.

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Its a completely different logistical system

4. duckeye

duckeye TS Member

The parts I need is for a 425 which is a new model gun and the parts should be available I have heard that Browning is the worst service in the industry and I am starting to believe it How long would it take to pull 3 parts and package them to send? This is very disturbing to me and I am certain I will never buy another of their products

Duckeye

5. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

No guarantees but you might want to try Art's at the link above. He usually has parts for many Brownings.

Eric

6. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

Gee Being a Browning kinda gal, if your going to get rid of the several ones you have, please tell us what your going to sell!! Try getting parts from somebody else, like somebody ahead said older model harder to get. (Not being an a** just thought he might have something of interest!!!)

Deb

7. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

I have ordered small parts, springs and screws, from Browning. Always received them in a few days. Good service. What gripes me is they won't sell, to me, lock parts. No hammers, sears, or top levers, that kind of part. Have to look elsewhere.

8. motrap

motrap Member

If parts are in stock they usually ship next day, or within 1-3 days from order ..... if they are not in stock, they will give you their best estimate of them getting their delivery from the various factories around the world .... (could sometimes be the 30+ days you alluded to, but more often not that long .......)

and just for accuracy sake .... the BrowninG 425 was introduced around 1995 and replaced by the 525 around 2000, indicating, depending on your perspective, yours is not "a new model gun" (10-15 years old)........

....... Thanks, Rudy

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

A Citori is a Citori as far as I know. Some parts, like buttstocks will be model peculiar and therefore hard to stock.

I would go Brownells, never had a problem.

HM

10. cafowler

cafowler Member

I'd try and get the parts from Midwest Gunworks. They seem to have quite a good amount of parts for resale. Check what you get from them very carefully though as soon as it comes. I've bought 2 things from them, on the 1st I received a completely wrong but similar part. On the 2nd the inside of the forearm for a B-80 was not stained/sealed. They only allow you a short time to return a part, and I believe you have to get their prior approval before sending it back. A real PIA if you're a busy guy and don't get it done right away, you're stuck with a wrong part.

You might try Palinski Arms also, he travels to a bunch of shoots along the east coast, and is a Browning Factory certified repair facility. He may have the parts in his home shop you need. Larry's a pretty good guy, and very busy at shoots doing work for guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.