1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Parts Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by md-11, Mar 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. md-11

md-11 TS Member

At the range today getting in some practice, my son tells me his forearm is loose on his BT-99. Upon taking the forearm off to tighten up the screws which are constantly coming loose on his gun, the top half of one of the take down screws falls out onto the table. He has an FFA trap shoot this weekend and I was hoping some one out there might know who to contact to get the replacement shipped to us ASAP. I already went to the Brownells web site and they show the part as OUT OF STOCK. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeff Daigneau

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Get the part number from Brownell's schematic, and then call Browning...they'll be cheaper anyway.

3. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Jeff, A band-aid that will get him thru the weekend would be to coat the threads with clear nail polish and reinstall. Give it time to dry and it should hold for the weekend. And the good part, you can remove the screw without too much effort when you decide to, no damage done.

Big Jack

4. md-11

md-11 TS Member

Browning came through, and what a pleasure to deal with. Got the screw and a complete set of replacement screws for the forearm and overnight shipped for less than half the cost that Midwest Gun Works wanted for shipping alone and the screws were half the price as well. Thanks for the advice GunDr, and Big Jack, the screw sheared in half where the enlarged shoulder meets the threads so no way to band-aid that screw, thanks anyways.

Jeff Daigneau

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.