1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning or Beretta combo??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mike T, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike T

mike T Member

Which would you say is the better quality set to buy a Beretta 682 combo or a XT combo? Both seem priced in the ball park of each other both come with a over single or under single. Which will hold up the best with normal usage and care?
    thanks
    mike t

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Mike,

I don't think you can go wrong with either.

The key will be how they fit you and whether you like how they feel.

I know people who shoot both and love them.

I know one friend who had a 682 combo, liked it well enough but didn't shoot well with it. So he bought an XT combo and likes it a lot, and does shoot well with it. His son shot a 682 combo and shot it quite well.

3. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I tend to differ with you on both of them being near the same price. On the Beretta 682 combo the best price I could come across was $4795 and the only price I could come across on the Browning XT combo was $3795. Thats $1000.00 diff. Now the 687 combo thats a diff. story. It is around $4300 with the adjustable comb. I went through the same questions when I was looking. Its a hard decision. But in the end I ended up with the XT and have never looked back. I like it very well and shoot very well with it.

4. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

The only real difference is; the Beretta is better.

John C. Saubak

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Beretta....

Curt - Delaware

6. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Beretta.

Brett D.

7. C50

C50 TS Member

Stick with Beretta. If for any reason you need any work on it weather it be for warranty or something else you will get it done in a matter of days with Beretta instead of months with Browning.

8. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Beretta all the way second is Browning, which is still the best buy for the Buck, the SKB is known for frequent breakdowns and dont even compair to either of the other two, and not even clost to the Beretta 682

9. ddrsuz

ddrsuz Member

and don't overlook the Etchen's 687 sp2 combo for around $3600
    dennis

10. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

mike t - have you ever shot either one of the Guns? they are totally different. The Berettas have a chunk of wood on them that won't quit. LOP is very long and there is way too much pitch for someone my size. That is saying a lot because I am 6'1" and the LOP is too long for me and pitch is too great.

Don't buy a gun because someone on TS.com said it would last. Buy a gun because it fits and you enjoy shooting it.

11. 687 Trap

687 Trap Member

I agree you should choose the one that fits you best. Try and shoot both at your local club. I have a Etchen Beretta 687 Combo. After three years (I shoot 10,000 rounds a year through the gun) I love it and have had “0” problems. Considering quality and reliability, I think it is the best buy in the trap gun game. Etchen is GREAT to work with and they make sure you are happy when you walk out the door.

I have a Browning Skeet and Clays Gun again “0” problems. They both fit well and have been reliable. SKB’s appear to be good value, but I sure see a number of shooters have problems with them. If you want to roll the dice and hope you get a good one they too have a lot to offer.

Bottom-line; buy the one that you feel the most comfortable with on the line.
    Ron

12. wam6187

wam6187 TS Member

I've owned both and I like Beretta.
    Browning makes a good gun for the money but it doesn't compare to the Beretta.

Bill

13. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I don't think you all know what I think, but I will fill you in. BROWNING all the way.

14. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

I am on my 24th year with my 680 combo it had brked the ejector once many moons ago and it has been shot a zillion times also.
    But I agree with the part shoot them both and see which fits the best.

Foghorn

15. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

All of this stuff about witch gun is the best is just a bunch of yack to me.The very first thing that a person has to come to grips with is how much they want to spend. Then shoot the guns in your price range. Then it comes to the one that fits you the best and what you shoot the best. All of these guns are good in there own ways. I have owned a 85tss under single combo and liked it. All though it never gave me a minutes problem for what little I shot it. Deep down I am a Browning guy. So I now own a xt under single combo and have never looked back.As far as SKB having the best bang for the buck. I find that hard to believe. My SKB combo = $3495. My Browning combo = $3795 with a case. You be the judge on the best bang for the buck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.