1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

?? Browning O/U ??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Buster 25, Feb 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

A few years back BROWNING made a BT-99+(plus) O/U Combo Gun, 32"/34" barrel.
    1. What was the name of this gun.
    2. Are there any around for sale?...If so, where would be the best place to look.

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

They were known as a Citori + combo. They are rare as hens teeth and one comes up for sale here every once in a great while.

ss

3. Cazadore

Cazadore Member

Buster It was a Citori Plus, a top single combo. They only made the combo for about 2 or 3 years. They built the O/U version longer. You'll see them around occasionally but not many for sale. Adjustable ribs on both sets of barrels, adjustable comb and recoil reduction system (many of which needed replacing) - nice gun. Problem was soft aluminum in the ribs so the bent and dented easily. Browning had to replace many and finally discontinued the gun. DGG

4. jwebster

jwebster Member

Buster i just bought a gun like you ask about only mine is a 32 top single and 30 double. found it cabels in there gun lib. i do not think they knew what was . i bought it for $2000 . it is out haveing a custom stock and for arm made. i shot it a little like the feel so far .does any one know just how maney were made .thanks jer

5. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

Thanks for the Info. Guys

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think they made various versions of that gun- they were non cataloged items over quite a number of years

Now I dont remember if they had a catalogged version of this or not

A large buyer or several smaller buyers, at the Shot Show, for example can say they want a variation on something Browning is making.

Browning waits a period of time- like a couple of weeks to close out shotshell orders and if they have enough orders (or maybe if that one large buyer has enough total orders) they make that variation

In shotguns = target shotguns- you often see Jaquas and Guns Unlimited with these type of variations

Regards from Iowa

Gene

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Thank goodness for Guns Unlimited. My last two Target Crunchers have been non cataloged Brownings, wonderful things, they are. :^)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.