1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning o/u Cynergy

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Andy F, Jul 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy F

Andy F TS Member

Has anyone had a problem with a Cynergy not ejecting and recocking
    when closing. I have a year old Cynergy o/u with no problems.
    The other night it wouldnt snap on opening to eject or cock on close
    to fire. I pulled the stock off, the trigger is clean with no problems that I can see. Its working now but I dont know what happened.

2. Brad Metcalf

Brad Metcalf TS Member

Take a real close look at the ejectors. Mine started locking up then finally broke at the pin hole.
    I think the pin was creeping out and ended up breaking against the breech face.

FWIW

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hopefully you havent had any barrel work done because you wont get the part from browning nor will they repair it

regards from Iowa

Gene

PS- it just might be some grit under the ejector though

4. Ron Duvall

Ron Duvall TS Member

I had the same problem the pin that holds the ejector on the shaft is bored way to far and the shaft cracks. Mine started by the pin walking out as it was mentioned in another response if you had barrel work done Browning will not repair the ejector and they will not sell the ejector seperate. They call it a factory installed part only!!! thank god I knew a good machineist.

A quick question how heavy is your trigger pull mine has a 7 lb creep but not for long.

Ron Duvall

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Mine were 7 and 8 pounds- had a local gunsmith adjust them to 3.5 --- after reading from one of the posters on here how he adjusted them

My guy does a good job if anyone is interested

regards from Iowa

Gene

6. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

A friend of mine has a Cynergy. A few weeks ago, his gun quit cocking the hammer(s). I pulled the stock off to see if I could see anything broken or jammed in the lockworks. I couldn't find anything.

So he took it to a gunsmith who said it was a "timing" problem. He adjusted it and now the gun is working well again.

Easystreet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.