1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

browning monte carlo stock

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by WesleyB, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

I am looking for a browning monte carlo stock with a right hand palm swell for a browning xt. I have looked at several web sites with no luck. The gun has the adjustable comb right now but it doesnt fit my daughter. She has used a friends shotgun that has a monte carlo stock and it fits her great. Where can i buy or trade gun wood? Gun will be a year old this september.

Thanks
    Wesley

2. WesleyB

up please

3. WesleyB

up again please

4. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Wesley;

There are a number of things in addition to a Monte Carlo stock that can be involved in one gun's fitting (the other gun) while your daughter's gun does not, i.e. the height of the comb, the distance of the top of the recoil pad below the level of the rib (drop at the heel dimension), the angle of the end of the stock, (the pitch), the length of the stock, just to name a few.

Please be careful buying a stock just because it is a Monte Carlo style. Your daughter could easily be disappointed. A shooter's size and shape are coupled with the stock's dimensions coupled with the correct gun mount, stance and body posture used are what determines if a gun fits.

Rollin

5. WesleyB

Rollin and Wireguy

Thank you so much for your knowledge. Her adjustable comb has to be almost all the way up and is all the way to the left for her eye to see down the rib. Her shooting partner's gun is an XT also, it has a Monte Carlo stock. She has put it to her face and her eye lines up really well. Also she shoot better with it. I was hoping to find someone that has taken off the XT MC stock and replaced it with an aftermarket and maybe purchase that one for her XT. I would think it would bolt right up? or am i fooling myself? You guys help is really helpful. I know she is still growing and thing will change.

Wesley

6. WesleyB

Wireguy

Thank you so much. I will heed your warnings and find a "real gunfitter"

You can not beat experience. The wise seek council. Council has been there done that and hopefully the wise ask the right questions.

Thanks
    Wesley

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning monte carlo

browning pigeon grade monte carlo stock

how do you know left hand monte carlo stock from right hand

monte carlo stock for my browning bps