1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Model 12

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by SARGE75X, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

Browning made a run of of these guns in the early 90's I believe, was wondering if anybody owns one,impressions.

2. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

I have a friend that has one in 28 gauge. It seems to be just like an original Winchester model 12.
    Everyone who sees it wants to buy it, but he won't sell.

Jim

3. esetter

esetter Active Member

I have three right now all in 20 gauge, 2 grade I's and one grade V. I think there is a lot of gun there for the money. My grade V has the best looking wood I have seen on one and the engraving is super as well.

4. jsteenson

jsteenson Member

They won't fire while pumping and holding the trigger back like the old Win.You have to pull the trigger every time.Not a problem,just a difference.Jack

5. blackbear-57

blackbear-57 Member

I have a Browning M12 20 gauge for sale that has had about 500 rds. through it. Email if you want to see some pictures. Thanks Steve

6. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

pulling the trigger every time never bothered the remington 870.

7. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

pulling the trigger every time never bothered the remington 870.

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The "Y" Model, Winchester Model 12 wouldn't fire if you held the trigger either because of the Federal Safety Standards it was considered unsafe and Winchester had to make the change to continue marketing the gun ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. cortronboy

cortronboy TS Member

they made some with win. name on them I had one in gr5 and it was a single shot
    browning had it a number of times and never did get it fixed. I was offered
    a real m12 20 skeet in trade so I took it.
    I also had 28ga win they sent 3 before I got one thrt worked.
    So I run from these guns.

10. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I had a couple of them and they were "OK" I wish the 28ga pump had been made in a fixed full choke instead of fixed modified. I never had any trouble with them not working. I could have bought a field grdae 28ga that was used for 600 or so last month from a guy at the club. Some of the guys with high grades are trying to get some high prices for them. I suspect that 1600 would be top dollar on a NIB High Grade. Lots of guys trying to sell them from 1700 to 2500 dollars but no takers. They are a lot of gun for the money and if you look at the fact that High grade wood is worth so much money the high grades at1 500 plus might not be such a bad bargain after all. If a guy really wants a nice Japanese Import copy of an American classic the Browning repro's are just perfect. Personally I think the values of Japanese Parkers and Brownings are just ludicrus and I have owned and shot both.Jeff

11. wm rike

wm rike Member

I have two original M12s, a field and a two-pin milled rib trap. The trap gun is incredibly smooth.

I also have a Japanese Winchester (20 ga., imp cyl) that I use regularly for skeet. It is smoother even than the trap gun and has been flawless in function. Internally, the working surfaces are better finished than on the originals and I suspect that madern manufacturing has given the new guns better tolerances. What's not to like?

12. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I must of had a bad "Y" model 12 because I could hold the trigger and pump away the shells. Mine was a 1st year "Y" M12 so maybe they made the change after by a year or 2. I remember it was kind of fun to do that but the trigger guard would hurt my "bird" finger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning mod 12 field gun

browning model 12