1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Model 12 Repro - Stock Dimensions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Model12SuperPigeon, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Model12SuperPigeon

Model12SuperPigeon TS Member

Hello,

Does anyone have the stock dimensions on a 28 gauge Browning Model 12 Reproduction (lenght of pull, drop at heel, drop at comb)? And do you know if they were 'standard', or did they vary.

I'm presently shopping for one, but I was curious about what to expect regarding gun-fit.

Thanks for any help!

Tim

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

LOW, Jeff

3. jtf650

jtf650 Member

Keep in mind I don't have any fancy measuring gauges, but I got 14" LOP, 1 1/2" DAC, and 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" DAH depending on which edge of the yardstick I put on the rib- it has a slight bow to it. So then I dug out an old Browning catalog, and it lists 14", 1 1/2", and 2 1/2" so I guess I'm pretty close. It's wood, though, so I would expect some variability. It's a fun gun, I don't think you'll regret picking one up. I bought mine new, and a guy I know who owns originals scoffed at it a little bit, why would anybody want a reproduction? He's been after me for the last few years to sell it to him, I guess the originals are too precious and valuable to actually shoot. Good luck with the search. James Fawcett

4. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

FWIW, I've been told the 28-20-16 guns in both Winchester and Browning all used the same stock. I think the M42 does also.

There are a ton out there for a decent price. eBay and MGW have them all the time.

5. Model12SuperPigeon

Model12SuperPigeon TS Member

Thanks very much for the help! I have a Win 101 28ga with those same dimensions (14" LOP, 1 1/2" DAC, and 2 1/4") and it fits me well, so I shouldn't have a problem with the Browning M-12.

Tim

6. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

On all the model 12 old and new the tang can be bent up and the stock can be reinletted to bring it closer to paralell,any good stock man can do it. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.