1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning MIdas Chokes Pattern Testing

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by greg2648, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greg2648

greg2648 Member

I was shooting with my buddy today. He can sometimes see the shot string. I was shooting LM and Mod. He mentioned that the shot pattern looked awfully tight. I have not patterned them yet, but can somebody comment if they have any experience on the pattern quality of these chokes. I am used to Angleport and Seminole chokes. We 'miked' them .015 and .020 from the barrel diameter (.741). Is it possible that one choke could shoot tighter than another brand same choke?? Thank you.

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

greg, Yes if you look in Brownings cat. book, they mention that the Midas grade chokes do pattern a bit tighter than there stardard choke. Take them to the patterning board and check them yourself. I shoot the Midas grade as well. I have no complaints and would buy more if I needed. But I already have like 10. LOL. LM or M should be fine at 16 yard targets. I even tryed the IC a few times. There IC choke will reach out and touch a few 35 yard targets with no problem. So go to the board and pick one. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pattern with browning midas chokes