Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Browning Maxus

6K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  highflyer 
#1 ·
Looking for a new hunting gun, anybody having any recommendations.

Joe Woods/Ontario

#2 ·
I'll be watching this thread, I just 'lost' my Gold Hunter to my grandson - Ha! I really wish that Browning would consider a real wood stock for the Maxus. I would most likely already have one, if they did.

Browning has had a lot of years to work the bugs out of the Gold, and from the write-up in American Rifleman, the Maxus looks a lot like the Gold, with improvements? I like the fact that Browning did not reinvent the wheel with the Maxus. I've gone through the B-303/390/391 and R-1100/1187 programs, so I know, from experience, that nobody gets it right the first time.

Bruce Buck, says this about Auto's, "Autoloaders are like sheep, they don't like to be alone, and they know when they are..." Good thing, one gun is never enough.

IMO,
Kip

#10 ·
I will never understand the trend to light 12 gauges and 3 1/2 inch shells. Every manufacturer makes them. You use those shells for waterfowl or turkey. Neither requires a light gun to carry in the field all day. If you have to walk in you can put them on a sling. The only use I can see for a light 12 gauge is pheasant hunting and then not a 3 1/2 inch shell. Heavier guns swing better and recoil less. It is funny, Americans think the lighter the shotgun the better but it better be able to shoot the biggest shell you can buy. Lighter is only better if you have to carry it all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.