1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Lightning Broadway - Pro & Con Please

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wm rike, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wm rike

wm rike Member

It won't beat you up on account of the receiver. What people refer to as a "high" receiver could also be called a "deep" receiver in that it just puts your hands lower relative to the line of sight (than say, a Beretta). The stock and barrels, and all the other critical parts are in the same position, relative to the line of sight, as on any other gun. It's high school newtonian physics, and Mr. Kludy taught you how to draw vector diagrams to prove it. If you decide you are getting beat up, the root cause is somewhere else, like maybe its light weight. In the meantime, shoot it. They're nice, reliable guns and probably underrated in today's market.

2. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

7/8 and 1 oz. loads @ 1150 shouldn't be too bad; 1 1/8 3 dram loads will be another story. Just have to try 'em and see. A 32" Broadway is a nice gun! Best Regards, Ed

3. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

skeet, I had the same gun you have. It was a terrific piece of equipment and threw stunningly good patterns from both barrels. They were tight, so you'll have no problem smashing targets with your light 7/8oz loads. BTW, for whatever reason, it did beat the snot out of me, so I limited myself to 1oz loads at 1180fps, max.

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Been shooting a Broadway for 39 years. I put a Fajen stock on it, added weight to the stock by putting a short lead filled pipe in the bolt hole. No recoil problems and I shoot 3dr loads all the time. BTW the Fajen stock is the same as the Wenig "New American" w/ a Monte Carlo rollover cheek piece.

Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.