1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

browning Leige ????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smifshot, Oct 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smifshot

smifshot TS Member

would appreciate some information on the above gun. Whats the difference in this gun and a superposed? THe Leige is cheaper in price so there must be some differences. Thanks

2. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

The Leige Over/Under Shotgun was introduced to the U.S. market in 1973 and discontinued in the U.S. in 1975. This shotgun is still being produced, but sold through Browning International in Belgium.

In the 1970's the Superpose began suffering increased costs and low sales, prices rose 29% in 1974 alone. Concerned the Superpose would price itself out of the market, Browning introduced the the low cost alternative called the "Leige". These were made in Belgium at the Herstal plant. Only available for two years, the Leige could be had in high grade and basic blued receiver. This was the beginning of the end for the economical over-unders from Belgium.

The Leige was the predecessor to the Citori. To reduce costs and stay competitive, Browning discontinued the Leige after two years and replaced it with the Japanese built Citori.

3. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

A friend of mine is a Browning gunsmith in Arnold, Mo. He once told me that the Liege was the worst O/U that Browning ever built? Each to his own I guess. Colonel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.