1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Inv + (Diamond vs Diana vs MIdas)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by open choke, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. open choke

open choke TS Member

I have been looking into getting some new chokes my 525 sporting came with the Midas chokes.

The Diana and Diamond claim they will pattern better cause of the materials and finish they are made with. And the Diamond Grade are only a few bucks more that the Diana and I like the color of the metal better too.

I did find out the Midas and Diana are made by Briley and the Diamond are made in Japan.

I have looked at Briley and Carlson; I called Briley to get some info and when I ask for "technical info on chokes" nobody answers the phone just rings.
    And I was on Carlson's website and I didn't really see many chokes for clay sports; just replacements for the originals and some specialized hunting chokes.

But before I go buy 3 chokes I want some opinions on the differences of the Invector Plus ones or if I should even bother.

nobu thanked this.
  2. open choke

open choke TS Member

I have been looking into getting some new chokes my 525 sporting came with the Midas chokes.

The Diana and Diamond claim they will pattern better cause of the materials and finish they are made with. And the Diamond Grade are only a few bucks more that the Diana and I like the color of the metal better too.

I did find out the Midas and Diana are made by Briley and the Diamond are made in Japan.

I have looked at Briley and Carlson; I called Briley to get some info and when I ask for "technical info on chokes" nobody answers the phone just rings.
    And I was on Carlson's website and I didn't really see many chokes for clay sports; just replacements for the originals and some specialized hunting chokes.

But before I go buy 3 chokes I want some opinions on the differences of the Invector Plus ones or if I should even bother.

3. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

I don't know if you can even get a clear answer to your question. All guns and chokes are basically unique and while some combinations might work better for one person, that really does not mean that you will get a better result in your gun.

My first question is why are you unhappy with your current chokes? Have you put them on a pattern board and are displeased?

Just a thought, but maybe someone would let you borrow a choke to try out before spending the money on a new set.

4. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

I don't know if you can even get a clear answer to your question. All guns and chokes are basically unique and while some combinations might work better for one person, that really does not mean that you will get a better result in your gun.

My first question is why are you unhappy with your current chokes? Have you put them on a pattern board and are displeased?

Just a thought, but maybe someone would let you borrow a choke to try out before spending the money on a new set.

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I would find it hard to believe theres that much if any pattern improvement over Brileys produced tubes....and it seems like a lot of money that could be spent on shells

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I would find it hard to believe theres that much if any pattern improvement over Brileys produced tubes....and it seems like a lot of money that could be spent on shells

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Don't forget Teague!

8. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Don't forget Teague!

9. open choke

open choke TS Member

I guess I'm just looking for that extra edge.

I know every gun patterns differently and every shooter uses different loads & choke combinations.

Let's just say forget what type of model browning it is or another gun that accepts Invector plus. What I'm asking is what makes a "improved modified midas, diana, & diamond grade different from each other if they all have the same constriction?"

From what I have been reading on it seems like the Diana & Diamond are stainless steel and they have titanium nitrate finishes.

The Midas is a black oxide finish. So thats dull and the other 2 are shiny. That's just by looking at it and the coating is supposed to reduce plastic buildup. My chokes seem to build up after maybe 300 rounds or so but I have no basis for comparison to see for myself.

This is where I'm stuck

10. open choke

open choke TS Member

I guess I'm just looking for that extra edge.

I know every gun patterns differently and every shooter uses different loads & choke combinations.

Let's just say forget what type of model browning it is or another gun that accepts Invector plus. What I'm asking is what makes a "improved modified midas, diana, & diamond grade different from each other if they all have the same constriction?"

From what I have been reading on it seems like the Diana & Diamond are stainless steel and they have titanium nitrate finishes.

The Midas is a black oxide finish. So thats dull and the other 2 are shiny. That's just by looking at it and the coating is supposed to reduce plastic buildup. My chokes seem to build up after maybe 300 rounds or so but I have no basis for comparison to see for myself.

This is where I'm stuck

11. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

It's not the arrow, it's the Indian. Unless you have a specific complaint with your current chokes, spend the money on a few more cases of ammo to practice and get an edge.

I have several guns with Midas chokes and never had a problem with any of them.

12. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

It's not the arrow, it's the Indian. Unless you have a specific complaint with your current chokes, spend the money on a few more cases of ammo to practice and get an edge.

I have several guns with Midas chokes and never had a problem with any of them.

13. tomr1

tomr1 Member

I completely agree with open choke. I've had the exact same question and I can't find anybody that knows the answer. I got the Browning catalog hoping that the description would clarify the difference between them, but that's not the case.

14. tomr1

tomr1 Member

I completely agree with open choke. I've had the exact same question and I can't find anybody that knows the answer. I got the Browning catalog hoping that the description would clarify the difference between them, but that's not the case.

15. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Take a look at the Muller chokes...call them to discuss. Excellent product.

WNCRob

16. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Take a look at the Muller chokes...call them to discuss. Excellent product.

WNCRob

17. huntinandhotrods

huntinandhotrods Member

My dad, my buddy and I all shoot xt's. My dad has all Midas grade chokes and my buddy has all Briley extended chokes and I have the Diana grade chokes. All three guns pattern about the same and all three will smoke targets if we are doing our job right. I don't see any advantage from one choke type to the other. There is nothing wrong with your midas chokes. Spend the money on shells and practice rounds.

Huntinandhotrods

PS. The one thing the different type of chokes help with is telling our guns apart in the gun rack. Thats the only difference.

18. huntinandhotrods

huntinandhotrods Member

My dad, my buddy and I all shoot xt's. My dad has all Midas grade chokes and my buddy has all Briley extended chokes and I have the Diana grade chokes. All three guns pattern about the same and all three will smoke targets if we are doing our job right. I don't see any advantage from one choke type to the other. There is nothing wrong with your midas chokes. Spend the money on shells and practice rounds.

Huntinandhotrods

PS. The one thing the different type of chokes help with is telling our guns apart in the gun rack. Thats the only difference.

19. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I stole these words from another thread about chokes, from BAD303, and it was specifically about Muller chokes, but can be said about anyone looking for that "edge."

Worth repeating:

<i>"There really is no magic choke, just as there is no magic gun."</i>

20. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I stole these words from another thread about chokes, from BAD303, and it was specifically about Muller chokes, but can be said about anyone looking for that "edge."

Worth repeating:

<i>"There really is no magic choke, just as there is no magic gun."</i>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning diamond chokes review

browning diamond grade choke tubes

browning diamond grade choke tubes review

browning diamond grade chokes

browning diamond grade vs diana grade

browning diamond invector plus chokes for sale

midas choke vs dyna grade