1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Hi Power for sale

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bubby, Oct 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubby

Bubby TS Member

I recently purchased a Browning Hi Power 1977 model Belgium made.It will shoot the federal Hydra Shok 124 ammo, without any problems. When I shoot the Rem. UMP or Win. it will not eject properly. Some eject, others won't. I do not want to send it back to Browning, so I decided to sell it. I am asking $375.00, plus shipping. It is 95%, probally close to 98%. I want to be honest, with the sale. I do have the zipper case it came in, also excellant. If anyone has interest, plese e-mai; xxxbubby54@cox.netxxx drop the x's.

Bubby

2. Bubby

Bubby TS Member

Sorry forgot, it is 9mm.

Bubby

3. Bubby

Bubby TS Member

Sorry forgot, it is 9mm.

Bubby

4. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

Are there any letters in the S#?

5. Bubby

Bubby TS Member

The letters are RR, (77).

Bubby

6. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

Check your mail.

7. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

I would like photos and details.

Thanks!

8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

The Hi-Power likes hot ammo. If you must shoot American target fodder, get a reduced power recoil spring from Wolff Springs. They VERY SELDOM give any trouble. When I performed warranty service and repair for Browning, I NEVER had one come in for repair. NOT ONE EVER.

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I love both of my Hi-Powers...my 9mm is more accurate than the .40 cal, but both will equal the best revolvers on paper

10. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Bubby, It's your gun and you can sell it for $375 if you want but I think it is worth more. As coach said, a different recoil spring will likely cure the cycling problem. This is a ten dollar fix that takes about 5 minutes. I paid $650 for a hard chromed Hi Power about ten years ago. Tens of thousands of rounds have gone through that gun without a problem. I'm using a 17 lb spring in that gun. Very accurate and reliable even with mildly reloaded ammo. Brownells.com will have what you need.

11. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I agree with Wolfram...the gun just needs a little tuning to digest the ammo you say causes the hangups...and its definantly worth more

12. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

I agree with Coach. You have a 17-pound recoil spring. Simply buying a reduced power (16-lb or 15-lb) recoil spring should make the gun hum with the practice ammo. See the Wolff site above. You can get it at Brownells.com or at MidwayUSA.com (whose part # for the $7.50 16-lb'er is 931-574.) Phil E

13. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Bubby

I'll take the Hi Power at your price. Email above.

Bob

14. Bubby

Bubby TS Member

Gun is SOLD pending payment. Thanks to all who responded, and thanks for the help.

Bubby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.