1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BROWNING & GUNS UNLIMTED COMBOs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gdbabin, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I've just bought a 32/34" XT combo (TS) and have been looking to learn more about them.

I looks to me that Browning has never offered XT combos directly from the factory, but refers to Guns Unlimited as a sole source of supply.

Can I safely assume that Guns Unlimited has a proprietary partnership with Browning that provides them with the necessary new factory components (barrels) that are then fitted to make the combo sets?

Is Guns Unlimited the only place that a totally new "factory" combo could be purchased on the retail market, or did they in turn consign combos to other third-party dealers for sale as well?

Also, it appears the un-single version is much more popular and desirable than the top-single. Is this primarily because of the adjustable rib that's included on the US and not offered on the TS; or simply that there are more out there who prefer unsingles in general?

Thnaks,

Guy Babin

P.S. I told my wife, and my pair of 3200s, that I bought the gun for her. Aline seems happy, I just hope the 3200s don't get too shitty with the new addition when they realize they have to share the gun safe. Afterall they just barely tolerate my wife's old BT99 as it is.

2. GUOmaha

GUOmaha TS Member

We contracted Browning to make the combo's for us. It is all new Browning parts on the gun, they designed the single barrels for us.
    Yes, we are the sole dealer to get the combo's. We made the top singles first, then made the unsingle, only ordered so many sets.
    Thanks for the purchase, and hope you shoot it well.

3. willing

willing Member

Guy
    The US barrels are not added later, else serial nos would not agree. I might also add that a fiend of mine also has a combo with a newer SN and the barrels inter change including forearm with mine.

Bill

4. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Bill,

I believe the message is that they only offered TS/OU sets at first, then came out at a later date with US/OU sets. I'd assume the serials match on all of the sets origionally put together by GU.

Guy

5. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

GUOmaha, is it possible to purchase individual barrels.......for example I have a combo that I purchased from you with a top single & would like to try an unsingle someday.

6. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

This has been asked and answered on here many times. They will not sale just the unsingle barrel. I have seen them for sale on here before but only one or two in 3 years time. By the time you purchased a barrel and then had it fitted it would be just as cheap to sale your gun and replace with a new combo or find a used combo F/S on here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.