1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning GTS 12ga 30" O/U

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Andy44, Sep 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Recently picked up one of these, and along with a set of matched Seminole chokes ran a perfect 25 at Skeet 1st time out! Crushed clays at Trap from "28 yard line" with 7/8oz loads! I know, I know........but just listen! I have had several Sporting, Trap, Skeet O/Us that just didn't measure up to the "All Around Perfect O/U".....until now! Browning calls it a "Hybrid" ..... I call it DEADLY for CLAYS! Neutral cast, Oiled Finish, (Grade 1) no palm swell, wide, low rib, and stock geometry between a Sporting and Field gun. Simple, extremely effective for all disciplines, NO porting, and a bargain! If you are looking for the ultimate O/U.....THIS IS IT!

AndyH :) :) :)

2. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Browning GTS 12ga 30

how do you like those Seminole chokes? Curious about them......

3. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Browning GTS 12ga 30

The Seminole Custom chokes were made to match my bores, and initial pattern testing showed them to be outstanding. This is my 3rd set of Seminole's, and really found no need to look elsewhere for super quality chokes. The set for my SKB 85TSS transformed that gun as well. They have a Great Deal going on right now, so if you are looking to up-grade your present chokes, now's the time! www.seminolegun.com

About the 525.....it has stock cast-off and a palm-swell, where the GTS is true ambidextrous. The 525 has ported barrels with vented side ribs; the GTS doesn't (thankfully). Porting, to me, is absolutely worthless! The 525 is generally more $$$$, but at least you get decent extended chokes. I had a 525 Sporting Grade 1 for a while and really liked it's handling; but the GTS suits me just a wee bit better.

AndyH :)

4. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Browning GTS 12ga 30

Chris-

You got a Great Deal !!! Shoot the Hell out of it!

AndyH :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.