1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning GTI, Value?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smokinbuck, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smokinbuck

smokinbuck Member

Wondering what the value of a Browning GTI (gold letters) might be. "Like" new, in the box. 32" ported barrels with 8 choke tubes. Very nice wood, no dings or scratches.
    Mark

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Mark what type of engraving does it have? Also what type of chokes? Invector or invector +. Also what type of chokes. Flush exstended ? When looking for a o/u for trap I did a lot of looking. I came across a few GTI. one was very fancy engraving nice wood, also a bit more than the others I saw. with so sowood and just the gold GTI lettering. Blue book has a huge swing also. GTIgrade I 100% 950.00 GTI golden 100% 2000.00.

3. smokinbuck

smokinbuck Member

Everyone,
    I made a mistake, there are 11 choke tubes. They are invector + and flush type. The gun has no engraving outside of the etched GTI in gold letters. I appreciate the comments and information.
    Mark

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Mark if thats the case, see if the Ser# match on barrel and reciever? From what I learned only the GTI golden clays came with 32" barrel. Maybe a special order? Check it out. 11 factory inv+ chokes, thats like 300.00 in chokes alone. Any way I think if you like it. if Its as good as stated ,900 to 1200 is a good price??? Pics may help. I have had a lot of luck just calling browning customer service. Give them the Ser# and they can give you some info.

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

6. smokinbuck

smokinbuck Member

Maclellan,
    I checked and the serial numbers match on the receiver, barrels and forearm.
    I take it that if it is a "Golden Clays" it is a better gun than average? It is not marked as that.
    Mark

7. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

if it looks like picture above, its not a golden. Is ths something you have? Or trying to buy?

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

As with all gun makers, some times info isnt always correct.

10. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I bought a XT made in 2000. Wanted a new light site front sight. Browning told me that XT ultra did not come with it??? Pre owner bought new in 2000, had light pipe sight right out of the box???? You still have a nice gun weather buying or selling. A fine deal for 900 to 1200 range. 32" barrels are IN right now so better price on that,. Good luck buyng or selling. Still a great little gun.

11. striper

striper Member

I have a 30 inch GTI Golden Clays that has Country Gentleman adj comb and pad. Fab wood and in 96% condition. A few dinks in the forearm and butt stock but metal is super. If interested I can take a few pics and send. Jim

12. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

13. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

My experience says for a regular GTI(98 percent condition) with that barrel length you would be doing really well if you were selling and got 900

or you would do well if you were buying and bought it for 700

regards from Iowa

Gene

14. smokinbuck

smokinbuck Member

Everyone,
    Thank you for all the input on the GTI value, and other info. I wanted to let you know that the gun has been sold. Thank you again, this is a terrific site.
    Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning gti
browning gti info and value
browning gti plus valeur
browning gti sporting clays value

browning gti value