1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Golden Hunter

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mr Earl, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Earl

Mr Earl Member

Looking for information regarding a Browning Golden Hunter, 12 guage Semi-Auto. Is this Golden Hunter equlivent to a Beretta 391. I will be shooting TRAP and want a good quality Semi-Auto. Help, need advise. Thanks!!!!!

2. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Browning Gold Hunters are field guns and as such they shoot flat. The Browning Gold Sporting Clay has different stock dimensions that make it more suitable for trap. Hope this helps. JM

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

You'd be better off with an auto that is built for trap and has a shell catcher. 1100, 391, or Super X-1.

4. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

I had a Browning Gold Sporting Clays gun with a 28" bbl. It was very nice but shot flat. I sold it and the guy who bought it ordered stock shims from Browning and got the POI up. He used it after some heart problems and enjoyed the soft shooting quality. I had a shell catcher for it. I often wish I had gave the shims a try before selling.
    Doug Allison

5. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

For available shell catchers got to tandsshellcatcher.com or brownells.com You should be happier with a 391 partallel comb Beretta
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

6. Slugo

Slugo Member

there are still quite a few Remington 1100 trap models floating around...

7. KY_TRAP_DAD

KY_TRAP_DAD Member

I have a stock built on the Wenig "New American" pattern that will fit a Browning Gold for sale. Not fancy wood, but not ugly wood either. Also, have a spare factory forearm from a Gold Sporting Clays. One of the knocks on Browning Golds is that some of them have jamming problems. If you could find a good deal on a Gold, I have the stock that would turn it into a nice soft shooting trap gun. You could even add one of the aftermarket ribs o raise the POI more. Golds are by far the softest shooters...great for kids and adults who are recoil sensitive. Started my son with a Gold and light 1oz loads...lethal from the 16. Yes...T&S does make a shell catcher for them.
    Shelby Shelman

8. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

You will not regret buying a Beretta AL 391 trap version. They are adjustable, can't say that for a Remmy. Better choke selection for the Berettas also. Having both Berettas and Remmys in my opinion the Beretta is a softer shooter. I don't have cycling problems but I can't say that I'm trying to shoot featherweights either. My 1 oz. and 1 1/8 oz. reloads work fine. Never tried cycling 3/4 or 7/8. No desire to even try.

9. capulona

capulona TS Member

I've shot my Browning Gold Fusion w/a 30" barrel and a T/S shell catcher and it did the job: soft recoil, easy to point. I'm not a competitive shooter, so the only complaint I have was I had to clean it every time I shot 100 rounds, as that piston got dirty real fast.

Otherwise, it's great. You wanna buy mine? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browing gold shell catcher

browning gold hunter cycling problems

browning gold hunter stock

browning gold jamming issues

browning gold shell catcher

browning gold shims for sale
browning gold sporting clays review

browning gold stock shims