1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Gold Sporting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by maclellan1911, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I purchased the ladies sporting clays model back in 2004. Once I gave it a good cleaning( theres a ton of anti corrosion gunk in the action spring and tube under the stock) It ran great. I give it a quick wipe, since then I go 1k rounds before it gets a good detail strip. I/wife have put +-5000 rounds through it since. not a single issue.

My gun came with 2 gas pistons 1 for heavy loads 1 for light loads

Cabelas had a good article about the proper cleaning of the gold shotgun before you put it into use.

A google search should find the info. my gun had alot of anti rust gunk in it. almost looked like paste rust.

2. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Same experience as maclellan1911. My son shoots one and has run way over 7000 thru it. Cant remember last time it failed to cycle. Works perfectly for him every weekend.

Mark

p.s. The trick is to make sure the main spring stays clean and lubed with a drylube. Never put any oil on the main spring, just asking for it to gunk up. IMO

3. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I had one in the late 90's. Softest shooting auto by far. Mine did break several parts (firing pin springs, firing pins, carrier). I was using it for Sporting Clays and shooting 10.000 shells per year thriugh it. It became so unreliable that I did not trust it to get me through a tournament. Sold it and got a Beretta 390.

As I remember the firing pin retaining pin is peened in place. You need to replace the retaining pin each time you remove it. Other than that it was easy to work on.

Jim Skeel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning gold ladies sporting clays cycle problems

browning gold sporting clays firing pin

browning gold sporting clays firing pin replacement

proper cleaning and loobing browning gold for clay shooting