1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Gold Sporting problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by leftex, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leftex

leftex Active Member

A buddy of mine has one of these guns. The breech bolt has broken in to two pieces. He was told the only way to get a repair was to send the complete gun to Browning at a cost of several hundred dollars. Has anybody else had this problem? Brownell's does not list the part. Thanks in advance for any help.

Wayne

2. 60MM

60MM TS Member

I had this to happen to me. You have to send the gun to browning for them to fix. They will not sell just the bolt. They told me the bolt had to be fitted to the barrel. One more thing I had the forcing cones cut out of mine and they would not fix my gun unless I bought a new barrel and they kept my old barrel. I think browning is full of it about fitting the bolt to the barrel. Good luck. I just bought an old gold for parts because I love the gold sporting clays I have and that is the only time that it has let me down.

3. leftex

leftex Active Member

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Isn't this the same bolt that's in the Winchester SX-2 - or at least that would work in a Browning Gold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.