1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Gold Hunter Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by garagestuff, Nov 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garagestuff

garagestuff TS Member

I have an opportunity to purchase a new Browning Gold Hunter 12 ga for what I believe is a great price...I dont know much about the quality and reliability. Checking other sites, I have never seen so much differences of opinions. So thought I'd take the question to those that know. What do you think?...Need to decide soon, as Browning is offering a $100 rebate that ends this month.

Thanks
    Jim

2. Eric Mirosavich

Eric Mirosavich Member

I have one and love it. Its a 2001 Gold Hunter 3 1/2" w/26" barrel. Ive put quite a few rnds through it, most of which were 3" and 3 1/2" magnums. It cycles 2 3/4" 1oz just as effeciently as the 3 1/2"'s. It doesnt get cleaned much and is dropped in the water,mud, and dirt quite frequently. Great gun. Only downfall is re-sale value, they dont sell for chit..

3. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I don't own a Browning Gold Hunter, but I do own several other autoloaders. My opinion of the Gold Hunter based on guns I've seen at the gun club and at sporting clays tournaments is this. They are pretty good for hunting and occasional to light use as a target shotgun, but if you are going to do LOTS of target shooting, you are better off to get a Beretta 390 or 391. The Remington 1100's do well also.

Easystreet

4. gold40

gold40 Member

I shot one for skeet and sporting clays for five years and was very pleased with it. Eventually traded up to a deluxe Citori.

JERRY

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I bought a Browning Gold sporting for my wife. I up dated to Wenigs New American model stock. Semi inletted fit and finished myself. Depending on your fit. If you plan on shooting trap. You most likly will need a different stock or adjustable comb. Also the different gas pistons they have 1 for 1 1/8oz or less or 1 1/8oz or more. I highly recomend you google "cleaning the browning gold" I had some early cycling issues, UNTIL I talked with browning and found this sight. Their anti corrossion gunk I very nasty. They put a good amount of it in the action springtube. I ordered a Surecycle for friends gold hunter that had issues when really cold. He has had no issues since installed. So google browning gold cleaning and also cycle issues. I love my wife gold for sporting even though it is set up for trap. I can tell you I can go 800+ rounds before needing a good cleaning. Thats the most I have put through it in 1 year. I clean all my guns yearly needed or not.

6. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

I have a Browning Sporting Gold that I shoot for sporting clays (duh!) and I enjoy it very much. The only thing I don't like about it is that it will only break about 36 or 37 out of 50. Maybe I'm not cleaning it right! I'll just have to keep practicing until it gets better. I see nothing inherently wrong with the gun. It will perform better than I will.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I have a 10ga and 3.5" 12ga. Both work great, at least for duck & goose hunting, which is all I use them for.

8. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

I had Gold Fusions in both 12 and 20 ga. They were reliable enough but the triggers had high pull weights and creep in both of them. I didn't like the triggers or cleaning them so I sold both. A friend had a Gold Hunter in 12 ga. which fired a shell with the bolt partially open and damaged the receiver. Browning replaced it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bad years for browning gold shotgun

browning gold hunter

browning gold hunter any good

browning gold hunter for sale

browning gold hunter good or bad

browning gold hunter shotgun for sale
browning gold hunter value
is browning gold hunter good for skeet