1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Gold Clays Semi-auto, tell me about it

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jbmi, Jan 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I just won this gun at a banquet. 28" barrel, CT, looks like a nice gun. Can anybody tell me what's to like/dislike about this gun. I haven't shot it yet but it sure looks like it might be fun to do.

2. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

Keep the inside of the action wet! My dad has a Gold Hunter and a kid had a Browning Gold Fusion where I work and when they get dry, they stop ejecting hulls. No biggie, it seems to me as long as you do that they will shoot all day long with whatever you put in them. Congrats on the new gun.

3. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Great all around gun. I

4. perazzi_01

perazzi_01 Member

jbmi

Click on the above ^ web address it will give you some info.

5. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Nice gun, soft shooter, handles great and breaks targets hard.

Problems are with the firing pins, they break ALL THE TIME. Get a few spares and learn to change them yourself. I have heard that Briley makes replacement firing pins, if so get one from them instead of the factory one. My gunsmith couldn't keep enough in stock a few years ago to keep up with the problem. This was in the SoCal area then.

Tom Strunk

6. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

I have shot thouands of round through mine without any problems except the above mentioned firing pin problem,the original one lasted a long time but the replacements have not done as well.The last time I had it replaced the gunsmith built one for it and it has lasted about 10000 rds,so if there is a Briley replacement is probaly a better option than the factory one.Jerry

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Break it down and clean it really well, especially the action spring tube, spring, and follower. Some pretty heavy anti rust compond in there.

Google "cleaning the browning gold" Since I have done this, I have had 0 cycle issues. I give it a good wipe down every time its out, and a major cleaning @ 2500 rounds. I have a sporting clays model with wenig new american stock. I shoot sporting and 5 stand with it.

8. perazzi_01

perazzi_01 Member

These are always a good ^ idea for Auto loaders , no matter what the brand , click the above link.

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Trade it for a Super X3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.