1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Fusion Gas piston cleaning

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by emufriedchicken, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emufriedchicken

emufriedchicken TS Member

Hi All, I have just bought a brand new Browning Gold Fusion and have put several hundreds of rounds through it. When i strip it down to clean it i notice the gas piston has a lot of powder residue on it. The book that came with the gun only makes reference to cleaning/oiling the exterior and the barrel and lubing the breach mechanism. It doesnt say anything about the cleaning or lubing of the gas piston. Anyone out there clean this and if so how and what do you clean it with or is it meant to be left alone.

Cheers from Australia

Tim

2. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

i soak the piston of my 391 in pb blaster. it loosens the carbon and can be wiped off or scraped easily after about 10 minutes. motordoc

3. emufriedchicken

emufriedchicken TS Member

Hi Eddie,

Just to clear up the ownership of semi auto shotguns in Oz. You are allowed to have them providing you have a Dr Certificate saying that your are recoil sensitive and show recent injury to cause this. Be an active member of the Australian Clay Target Association. A letter of support from the Rules Superviser of the A.C.T.A. Approval from the state police superintendent in your state.And lastly approval from the Australian Attorney Generals Dept.

thanks for the link to the owners manual . It is a bit more detailed than the owners manual that came with my gun and thanks for the advice on cleaning with disc brake cleaner or kero.

Cheers from Oz

Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.