1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning firing pin

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bray, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bray

Bray TS Member

I have a Browning Special Trap that I am having trouble with the bottem firing pin. I shoot the bottem barrel most of the time, I have noticed that a piece on the front of the pin has chipped off. Looking for information where I can get a better pin other that a Browning pin. Thanks for the help.

2. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Bray,

How many rounds have you fired with that firing pin? I would estimate that Browning firing pins are good for about 20,000 rounds or maybe more. I haven't priced them lately, but I doubt they cost more than $12 and they are very easy to change/replace.

So, unless you are having to replace them every couple thousand rounds, I don't see the problem in using standard Browning firing pins. Of course, it's your gun and your money so feel free to use whatever you want.

Easystreet

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Use the #B1334157 Browning pin and the Wolff #16032 spring for the right hammer.

The spring is cheap, and so is the firing pin. They are easily replaced.

I use Rio primers exclusively, and the savings on the primers FAR outweighs the few dollars for the firing pin.

4. Tom @ Athens

Tom @ Athens Member

I have been sending my Browning firing pins to 300 Below Inc. I have them Cryo treated. It seems to really toughen them up.
    Tom

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dear Tom

What do they charge? The pins are pretty cheap, and so am I !!! LOL

6. Tom @ Athens

Tom @ Athens Member

Shooting Coach; I really don't know what they charge for just a firing pin. Each time I've had firing pins done they were included with other items I was having treated. They usually just bill me one price for the whole lot.
    Tom Dulin.

7. trapp2012

trapp2012 Member

Easy street, I am on my 4TH set of firing pins since i first fired my Citori Xt un-single combo. 3RD SET. You had said 20 k rds. I believe 10 k at the most. And I have those little cracks and chunks out of my pins right now. Not even kidding. But the gun still shoots so i have no problem. Purchased the gun in the spring of 2007.

During the Ohio State Shoot last year I had TWO sets of firing pins replaced in my gun from browning. Don't know why but the CHUNKED and CHIPPED after ONLY 300 rds in my gun. Why I don't know. My gun smith will remain nameless but he said "Your specific gun, no one else's has acted like this. This is the first browning that I have had to replace multiple pins in during one shoot". So I do not know if it is my gun having excessively strong springs or hammers or what. The cause of the chipping and chunking is still an unknown.

So who knows just another legend of the Browning make. lol.

8. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I have heard of certain primers being very hard on some firing pins. I don't know exactly why, but it is what I've heard.

Easystreet

9. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Coach: I think you'll find they're surprisingly reasonable but the the S & H will be high. I would buy extra pins and springs just to have on hand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning special trap firing pin