1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Factory Comb Conversion Kit

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bucko43, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

If any of you folks own a Browning shotgun with that crappy factory comb hardware (the one with the long screw that extends out through the buttstock) and want to get it replaced, I can recommend Rod's custom stocks.

My comb kept coming loose and I would tighten up the screw, and it would come loose and I would tighten up the screw. After I broke the screw twice and had to replace all the internal Browning hardware twice, I finally got smart and sent it to Rod.

I sent my stock off to Rod on a Monday, he received it on Wednesday and shipped it back to me that same Friday. He did a great job and I highly recommend his work. His website is listed above. Send him an email if you have any questions.
    I'm loving my XT now! See the picture for what the comb will look like when he's done.

Kevin
    [​IMG]

2. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

This is one of two reasons why my Browning combo went by by. The unsingle rib coming loose time time again is the other. I have better things to do with my time other than keep tightening screws that keep coming loose. What you did is a must do on Browning factory comb. As far as the loose rib I guess one could tack weld it in place once you got it where you needed it.

3. philk

philk Member

Did not have a problem with my Cynergy comb but saw it happen to others and had Rod upgrade it last spring just to make sure it stayed put, also added an adjustable butt plate. I agree Kevin, great job Rod, thanks.

4. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Up again

5. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Rod is just plain excellent. He's in Shelby, Ohio @ 419) 347-6403. Bump it up...

6. ercowles

ercowles Member

I had the same problem with my Browning Citori XT Comb. The rib would work loose at the center anchor screw and I'd tighten it between 25s. Pain. But a little LocTite (sp)fixed the problem, and its fine. The poorly designed comb assembly was a different story, however. It was really a pain. Worked loose, wobbled, wouldn't hold its set, etc., ad nauseum. It was fixed by Tod Nelson (Country Gentleman) when he fitted my gun for me. He cut the stock, remade the comb assembly, added an adjustable butt plate mechanism, and now the gun is perfectly reliable and the comb stays put. I expect tosee Todd again this winter in Florida, so he can fit my backup gun, a new BT-99, with the same fixes.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.