1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

@@ Browning Eye Candy @@

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Attached are photos of a Browning BT-99 stainless that we built a custom stock for. It is a Christmas present from a father to his daughter and I think that it turned out fantastic. The wood has a ton of color and grain and Cindy did a fanstic job on the checkering pattern. The wood took the finish well and Mike got this one to really shine. I had a hard time with the lighting so I apologise for the photo quality. I need a different area and lightening setup for these photos. The wood was supplied by the customer and I think may have come from Old Tree Gun Stocks. Merry Christmas to the owner I really hope she likes her new stock. Thank you for taking a look.

Dennis, Cindy & The Crew

dennisdevault_2008_0303372.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_0303373.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_0303374.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_0303375.jpg

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Incredible

3. NDgolfer13

NDgolfer13 TS Member

Wow. That's a fantastic looking shooter. Very nice job. Someone has super parents.

4. millerm12

millerm12 Member

Wow Dennis that's awesome.Thats gotta be one of the nicest stainless BT around. The stock and forearm are amazing. Incredible work as always.

5. morgaj1

morgaj1 Member

Beautiful

6. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

I am sooooo jealous !!!

7. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

Do you know if that family is looking to adopt another child?

Seriously, just another fabulous looking job as always. Just when I think they can't get better looking,they do.

8. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Superb, to say the least.

9. rockierockett

rockierockett TS Member

This gun is mine! Yeah! A special gift from the most amazing father in the world to his "baby girl". I hit the parent lottery with my dad! A pair of 94s at Cardinal Center earned me the wood out of the gun vault from Old Tree Gun Blanks. We've been shooting trap together for 19 years, and we have at least another 19 more to go! THANKS DADDY! Dennis and Cindy, she looks amazing, can't wait to see her in person. Thanks for being soooo patient with me on the demo stock and all the changes you made to get the right fit for me. My shooting has improved exponentially since you've work with me on creating my demo stock.

10. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

Rockie,
    You lucky girl ! Question - it looks like the long trigger tang sits above the wood .. rather than sitting flush in a groove. Is that so ? Just curious why - do you like the feel better that way ?

11. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

That is one gorgeous shotgun for one obviously lucky girl. Thanks for posting the pics, Dennis. That wood is spectacular and so is the work.

12. rw993

rw993 Active Member

Very nice looking, More wood than gun!!!!

13. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

To Bluskyshooter,

The grip on the gun was made much more vertical than the grip from the original factory stock. That was as far below the surface of the wood that we could go and still not have to mangle the iron to make it fit. Sharp eye and thank you for the feedback.

Dennis DeVault

14. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Very nice looking work. Oh! the work is super.

15. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

I think that thing breaks targets on it's own without shells. What a great job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.