1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

browning extended chokes- need advice

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bob radasch, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bob radasch

bob radasch Guest

I am thinking about getting extened choke tubes for my Browning XT trap. The invector plus tubes I have are are fine- just a pain to change if needed.

Im looking at the browning midas, diana and diamong grade tubes- any recommendations out there or problems with any of these I should know about

Thanks RR

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

RR, I am currently useing the Midas grade chokes. Browning says they pattern a bit tighter than their flush grade chokes. I think they are right. The Diana grade looks a bit nicer, but the gold on the inside of the tubes comes right out after a few boxes of shells. This bothered a few of the shooters at my club after they paid top dollar for them. LOL. Not sure about your other choice there. I stayed with the midas grade because my 525 came with all 5 sizes so I just kept adding to them as I needed for all my shooting, trap,skeet,sporting clays too. I am very happy with them, and look nice too.Call Able Ammo.com get number. They had the best prices last time I order them. Free shipping and no tax, small handleing fee. Break-em all. Jeff

3. djcuda

djcuda Member

I use Angleport extended chokes.They pattern much better than standard Invector Plus chokes.The pattern board does not lie.I use these in 3 different guns.
    Dave

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Another vote for Angle Port. The best I have found.

5. Inspector 12

Inspector 12 TS Member

I bought the Carlson extended chokes from Brownells for my XT. Have been very happy with the quality, performance, and price of these chokes.

6. willing

willing Member

I think that both the Midas and Diana are made by Briley. Also the constrictions are different than the factory flush chokes.

Bill

7. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

I use CRV and they work very well.

8. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Bob, I checked out Able Ammo's website and they have all three of your chokes!!! They told me when I bought the Midas grades that Briley made these chokes for Browning and had the same line in Briley's name as well, for a few dollars less. So without asking I would assume that all three of these chokes are made from Briley. I do not think that anyone on this site will disagree with me when I say that they are the biggest maker of shotgun choke tubes. I happen to think the best as well. But with that said, I'm sure several others are just as good as well. Take your pick. Diamond grade $70 each,Diana grade $60 each, Midas grade $50 each. At current prices from Able Ammo. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

9. howie

howie Member

Wright's chokes. My experience is that they throw a great even pattern.

10. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I sell Comp-n-Chokes and Kicks Choke tubes all are EXTENDED PORTED tubes.
    E-mail me for best prices.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.