1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning experts please reply

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by yakimaman, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Was sent pic of a like new BT 99 that has a grey laminated stock - have you seen these? Did Browning do them? Ok or sales killer?

Rich

2. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

3. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

Is it blue steel or nickle. Browning made them

4. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

I have seen some stainless steel BT's with laminated stocks like you describe. I thought it was factory wood but don't know for sure. John

5. W. David

W. David Member

Y-

I believe SHOT Show Special [uncataloged], not sure on year. ['08 or 09]

WD

6. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

You will find the laminated stock version of the bt99 in both blued and nickel but not stainless. Some think the nickel is stainless but it isn't.

7. Borderland

Borderland Member

Gander Mountain had these for sale in their day.

8. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Rich, As said they were a shotshow special several years ago. They had them in the BT-99 and the 525 as well, if memory serves. I saw one of them in a blued finish and one in a dull stainless steel finish as well. It might have been the 525. I did not care for the way these guns looked at all. The stocks had a very odd color hue mixed into the finish. But then again I don't like the way the cynergys look either. I do not know how these guns hold up on value compared to the standard Brownings. I would not be a bit surprized to find out Browning was doing some research as to see how well these stocks would be accepted into mainstream. Since they never made any since I think we know how the research ended up. break em all Jeff

9. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I own a BT99 SHOT Show special... matte 34" Nickel Barrels with Laminate Grey Wood Stock, bright receiver with scroll work and extractors... limited edition.
    Miroku made... unsure who did the actual stock work.

My "guest gun"... easy to shoot, easy on the eyes... everyone breaks targets with it!

Jay

10. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

I saw one of these at Gander Mountain in Peoria Illinois that was a numbered, limited run commerative for the Illinois Dept of Natural Resources.

It was a nickel Bt-99 with a grayish / bluish monte carlo stock. The checkering on it was in credibly sharp. Sharp as in run your hand over it and it would cut you.

It felt very heavy for a BT-99.

It was in the rack for sale for over a year. The last price I saw on it was $1,099.00.

11. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

The BT-99 is a Grey Laminate Nickel. It was a 2007 Shot Show Special. Made by order only from the Shot Show. A Browning Rep. told me only 5000 to 5500 were made, with Cabela's ordering the most. The laminate stock blued guns were a Gander Mt. exclusive, I think a year later. The Grey Laminate Citori 525 was also a Shot Show Special, and came in two versions. A plain one with no extras for around $1800, and one with ported barrels, adjustable comb, hard case, and Midas chokes for $2400.

Wayne

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
2007 browning citori shot show special
browning b99 laminate

browning bt-99 laminated stock

browning bt-99 limited edition

browning cynergy stainless

bt-99 nickel
bt99 grey laminate