1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Engraving

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WS-1, Sep 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Is there a catalog of Browning engraving patterns on superposed guns? Thank you, Kit Thomas

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Yes there is, You can find 23 different ones on just about any of the Browning yearly catalogs. They are for the current B25's and for the current patterns for the custom superposed guns. There are a couple of others for the BSL's SXS's as well as the Express Rifles. Any Browning dealer should have a current copy at their shop. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

3. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Jeff,

Thanks for the reply. Has anybody cataloged any of the custom patterns or one-off patterns that have been engraved over the years? Kit

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

I believe what Kit is looking for is the older Superposed. They go back to the early 30's. It would be an interesting subject to view. Good luck Kit.

5. XTerminator

XTerminator Member

If you can get your hands on a copy of Ned Schwing's book "Browning Superposed: John M. Browning's Last Legacy" there are lots of engraving patterns.

6. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

To All:

Thank you for your support. It looks like the Schwing book is going to be of the most help, but owning it might be just a little tough right now(Amazon has several with the cheapest being about $250.00)so I am working on an "inter-library" loan through our county library. I'll report back in with any positive results.

Kit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning b25 engraving patterns

browning engraving patterns